Sign in to follow this  
cactusjack

Inherited a rifle

I've got a 92 in 25-20 made in 1910 that I keep thinking would be cool to javi hunt with but I love archery hunting the little buggars so much just haven't. To date have only killed a homer bucket with it at 75yards.  They do shoot well.   Enjoy!

I just doubled checked my serial number,  mine is 1905.  I love old lever actions.  I have 2 1894's in built in 1898, one in 38-55 and one in 25-35. 

Im tempted to use the 38-55 on my coues hunt in unit 32.  The only thing keeping me back is lack of ammo.

16 minutes ago, cactusjack said:

I just doubled checked my serial number,  mine is 1905.  I love old lever actions.  I have 2 1894's in built in 1898, one in 38-55 and one in 25-35. 

Im tempted to use the 38-55 on my coues hunt in unit 32.  The only thing keeping me back is lack of ammo.

Gees, I became old since you first posted the original post. Is that correct??? 2016??? You'll have to bait that coues into 100 yards range to put him down with that 38-55. I had a friend shoot one in head at 250 yards it gave him an oweey! When he woke up he had an egg the size of a grapefruit on his head. And no he wasn't aiming at his head.LOL !!!

2 hours ago, cactusjack said:

They had 4 boxes on the shelf at sportsman's in Prescott about a week ago.

Very nice. The best is that your Uncle is here to see the enjoyment you will get from this gift.

• Like 1

Sage advice here too. Pass it on when you are through with it, before you are through.

• Like 1