Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Results are out

As expected, I got the Goulds shaft again. Maybe 21 points for next spring will pay off! Maybe....

And my spring is so busy, I can't do the usual 12A leftover turkey tag. I was already making plans to head to Kansas with a buddy for the one free weekend I have, when my wife informed me that our son's confirmation at our Catholic church is that very weekend! AARRGGGHHH!!

I got my usual 18B/19A/19B/etc. archery javelina tag and my daughter got the youth 19A javelina tag. She also informed that we're going to the 1/27 youth turkey camp this year instead of the Happy Jack Camp that I normally mentor at. At least I get to turkey hunt with her!

I got the 2nd hunt for Goulds in 35a. Can anyone comment on how it is after the first hunt. Is there plenty of birds? 13 tags in each hunt this Spring. Thanks in advance. And thanks to the Turkey Gods for giving me that tag with just 11 points..............BOB!

• Like 3

IA--hate to hear that.

What is max points for turkey right now? I have 22. I remember missing one draw but I have a sneaking suspicion there was some other snafu and I am two below max rather than one. I tried to figure it out from some old AZGFD data but I'm confused...

My friend who is a first time hunter- she got hit on her CC for javelina, on the portal it shows no information, not even her application. And when checking BP/Draw results her SSN and Birthdate are wrong, can't access any information- is this a common thing with new hunters?

I got the 2nd hunt for Goulds in 35a. Can anyone comment on how it is after the first hunt. Is there plenty of birds? 13 tags in each hunt this Spring. Thanks in advance. And thanks to the Turkey Gods for giving me that tag with just 11 points..............BOB!

BOB

As i have stated before I like the second hunt the best. The lady's are normally sitting on eggs by then and the older bigger toms are easier to come to the call the later the better IMO. Congrats on a great tag you will have a great time GOOD LUCK.

• Like 4

We had three tags charged on my card. The wife got a ham pig tag and the second turkey hunt. I didn't get drawn for turkey which I was expecting but got drawn for something bigger. Buffalo!

• Like 2

My friend who is a first time hunter- she got hit on her CC for javelina, on the portal it shows no information, not even her application. And when checking BP/Draw results her SSN and Birthdate are wrong, can't access any information- is this a common thing with new hunters?[/

Couple things I would look for-

Did she have a hunter ID created or use her social?

Did she create a portal account?

Did she get her portal account linked?

It sounds like to me if you aren't going through the portal and it's not recognizing her social she may have had a Hunter ID created. You might want to call G$F and see if they can find her.

Bob, I had the 2nd hunt last year and harvested my bird the 2nd week of the hunt. PM me for info Hens were not sitting on eggs yet. They start a little later for the Goulds I was told by G&F

Any non-turkey tag drawers interested in a trip to NM late April/early May? I have a limited window and am doing my best to not miss turkey season. My backup plan to head to KS with a buddy in Pratt isn't looking good.