Sign in to follow this  
520HUNT

Calling out the poacher in unit 33

Guest oneshot

Dumping apples isn't poaching or baiting. Ever thrown an apple out the window? Same thing.

Quite possibly the dumbest statement on cwt... ever...

Maybe it has something to do with being on a phone, but I don't see a treestand...

That said I'm really cynical. I don't understand why this is the forum to address the issue nor why we are so quick to get the lynch mob started.

Oh and as far as dumb posts that guy that left still has the crown.

Guest akaspecials

Dumping apples isn't poaching or baiting. Ever thrown an apple out the window? Same thing.

I really hope you're trolling. No one can be that stupid...

I tried apples and potatoes to lure Javelina and it did not work. They will spoil before the WILD game will eat, they dont know what they are. Now urban animals or Bears, it might work. If G&F catches someone hunting in the tree stand then it is a violation. Get a pic of the tree stand sitter and send it to operation game thief and get a reward.

Technically it is littering... and if FS & AZGFD would enforce that LAW, then the G&F would not have needed to create the "Bait rule"... but law makers just gotta make more laws....

• Like 2

I tried apples and potatoes to lure Javelina and it did not work. They will spoil before the WILD game will eat, they dont know what they are.

Really ? I have seen Bear, Javelina, and Deer all feasting on wild apples, many souring to the point it smelt like vinegar from 50 yards away, in several parts of the state.... You think wild animals can not smell and tell what food is? heck, Javelina scrounge and eat all kinds of rotting food from landfills all over the place in the state. Unless that picture is under an apple tree surrounded by corn stalks it is clearly an attempt to bait... The OP would be best to give coordinates to G&F and let them check it out and decide if they want to try and find who is using the spot.

No one should be surprised at the number of guys on this site that try to defend people not practicing laws... it is the same mentality that all the special snowflakes in America used to vote for a crook, and now use to try and circumvent the EC in still getting her in... Laughable at best!

• Like 1

I am rolling on this one.....

1. Bite marks on apple thrown from moving vehicle

2. Skid marks and possible implosion of apples thrown from moving vehicle

3. Accuracy level of thrown apples from moving vehicle not represented in picture provided, way too many apples landed in the same spot to have been thrown from a moving vehicle......

That for sure is one of the funniest rationalizations I have seen......pretty funny AZbird!!!

My parents have about an acre apple/pear orchard at their ranch. On good apple years, it has a steady stream of bears, javelinas, deer, foxes, skunks, everything. in the winter when food is scarce javlelinas swarm the alfalfa that is thrown out to the horses. Can't harldy run them off. Hypothetical question, this is private property so it probably doesn't matter regardless but could a person legally hunt over apples that have naturally fallen to the ground? pretty much the same thing as shooting a deer on a corn or alfalfa field i would think.

Guest oneshot

My parents have about an acre apple/pear orchard at their ranch. On good apple years, it has a steady stream of bears, javelinas, deer, foxes, skunks, everything. in the winter when food is scarce javlelinas swarm the alfalfa that is thrown out to the horses. Can't harldy run them off. Hypothetical question, this is private property so it probably doesn't matter regardless but could a person legally hunt over apples that have naturally fallen to the ground? pretty much the same thing as shooting a deer on a corn or alfalfa field i would think.

Fruit fallen from a tree/farm fields are legally huntable... It's when you start dumping apples/grain/planting etc that it goes illegal...

I tried apples and potatoes to lure Javelina and it did not work. They will spoil before the WILD game will eat, they dont know what they are. Now urban animals or Bears, it might work. If G&F catches someone hunting in the tree stand then it is a violation. Get a pic of the tree stand sitter and send it to operation game thief and get a reward.

Something was wrong with your piggies. They used to just about wait for taters, cantalope, pumpkin, dog food, etc etc to be delivered.. The closer to town the quicker the reactions. ;) now they just gotta worry about the foolish 2 pig per calendar year rule.

Like I said, it's only illegal if they are hunting big game. You can still bait small game, and it works well on some species.

Dude , quit with your BS small game blah blah blah.... No one is going to pack out 40 -50 lbs of corn and apple to try and shoot squirrels or rabbits from a tree stand... Keep going with your liberal logic it suits all idiots equally!

• Like 1

Wow some of yall are ruthless. Someone poses a legitimate devils advocate of "you can't prove they are hunting big game" and you go straight to calling them one of the more vile names, a liberal.

Like it or not he is right in the eyes of our justice system. For criminal law the preponderance of evidence we have here isn't enough to convict. That is not liberal logic, it's the Constitution. It's like the sting for road hunting, until the shot is fired they don't have the crime.

• Like 2