Couzer

8 1/2 months prego, Am I crazy????

Am I crazy???? 2016 Nov 25th Bull hunt!

Wife just got the OK from the Dr that she can elk hunt next week!!!

Well yes I am am very nervous! Let's just say it was unplanned and am very thankful to the new addition coming December 12th (cesarean)to the Vowell family. I had a plan to hire a buddy and very reputable outfitter to help out on this hunt and decided not to because I will be taking a full month unpaid off work when the baby comes. I wanted to try to go for a nice bull but expectations will be the very first antlered bull we see will be going down.

Just wanted to also to give a shout out to Douglas-gun-guy on here for his help! Great guy

• Like 1

Just going to be sitting a blind, and the rifle has a Can on it to take care of the noise. I have a meadow with a blind on it the is literally 15 miles from the hospital. Weather looks good, but if anything thing that seems to be going wrong we will not be out there. I know, trust me I might just say no go!

If you have full cell phone service, why not?

If it were me, I would do it so long as I could have a vehicle close by in case her water breaks while in the field. With a planned c section, doesn't;t sound like that is a worry though.

If she is game, non reason not to.

• Like 1

Yea she is game and excited to get out there! More than anything I'm looking forward spending time with her, the bull is a plus, and the new kid is a plus plus plus!!! Hoping the weather stays true to the forecast! Not camping either, will be staying in a house near by which will help out.

Well my wife was 7 months on her coues hunt this year!!! We took it pretty easy until we relocated the buck we were after. All said and done she hiked a little over 6 miles that day. But I didn't make her carry anything and took everything super slow. She was defiantly wore out by the time she got back to the truck but she's tough!!!!!

post-553-0-54806700-1479690363_thumb.jpg

If you got the ok from the doc I say go for it just don't push it 😜

• Like 9

I'd say to make sure and take it real easy. A lot at risk that far along. A fall, light headedness, over exertion... just be careful! If you pushed it and something happened, youd never forgive yourself.

I took my wife on a hunt at 6 months pregnant and looking back on it, I wouldn't do it again. But, to each their own. Hope it works out and everyone stays safe.

• Like 3

If she is 100 percent ok with it, and the doctor says it's ok, go for it. Just don't let her climb hills or carry anything, and have an o $h!t plan.

• Like 1

Wow Becker! That's Awesome! Yea Coues, thanks for info, thanks for everyone's comments, need to come up with a oshiz plan