Sign in to follow this  
BIGBUGPETE

36A whitetail hunt (nov 25 - dec 4) - camping help

Hey guys I have the 36a whitetail tag that starts day after thanksgiving. I will be hunting with my dad but he can't attend the whole hunt and I have vacation for the entire hunt. I'm a little worried about camping solo out there so I was wondering if any other CWT members had the tag and will be camped all week? I am hopeful some members will be up there and willing to let a fellow CWT member camp with them during the middle of week. I'm pretty minimalist when I camp so I won't be a burden. I'm not looking for any hunting spots just looking to camp in numbers for safety. Appreciate your time. Good luck hunting.

I wouldn't worry about 36 A, You will see more border patrol, sight seers and hunters than any chance for illegos. I camped off the Batamonte road, as did a whole lot of other people, and in 4 years down there , we have never had any issues.

• Like 1

There is a bunch of space for camping right off of Arivaca Rd., straight south of the Sierra Colorado Hill. Always a few camps, and I wouldn't hesitate to camp there. As soon as you cross the cattle guard, there is a dirt road on the right, with several spots on the left before you drop down to the small wash. Good luck. These late hunts are tough in that unit. Climb as high as you can and get back into it. Otherwise most of what you will see is does and hunters. Good luck!

• Like 1

Yeah lots of spots for camps. Just camp down from them about 100 yards, that might make you feel better. Also off Arivaca rd there is a BP truck with camera on it if you want to camp within a mile of it. They see alot going on

As many have said, there will be lots of other hunters camping out there and you should be able to find company if you want it. Another option is to stay at one of the RV parks in Arivaca. I have tent camped there with friends during a javelina hunt once and it was nice having a bathroom and running water. $10 a day for a tent camper. It was very peaceful too.

http://www.universalranchrv.com/index.html