Guest oneshot

Spandex Mafia

I used to think the same way, until I started training for triathlons a few years ago. If you think it is funny to get very close to cyclists then you are an idiot!! If there is an unexpected rock, stick or crack in the road, we have to swerve a few inches. Have you seen a friend or family hit by a car or even close to hit by a car? A car bumped my wife on her bike in front of me and it scared me to know there was nothing I could do. She was lucky to crash away from traffic instead of being ran over. I have seen others not so lucky.

I do agree with the group riders taking up the whole lane. We ride on or near the white line because there are a lot of rocks and thorns that will give you a flat if you are near the curb or edge. Cycling is great cross training for hunting. I challenge any of you to a hunter that is in triathlon shape, you will not keep up with their cardio in the mountains with a pack on your backs.

Yes I drive a diesel, no I'm not a hippie. Just trying to educate those that have not seen a human crushed by an idiot in a vehicle. If you have, you would not post the things you did.

• Like 7

White line is one thing. A pack of bikes taking half the lane is obnoxious. And throwing your arms up when a vehicle is trying to pass without getting in a head on collision with another vehicle is also obnoxious.

• Like 3

I used to think the same way, until I started training for triathlons a few years ago. If you think it is funny to get very close to cyclists then you are an idiot!! If there is an unexpected rock, stick or crack in the road, we have to swerve a few inches. Have you seen a friend or family hit by a car or even close to hit by a car? A car bumped my wife on her bike in front of me and it scared me to know there was nothing I could do. She was lucky to crash away from traffic instead of being ran over. I have seen others not so lucky.

I do agree with the group riders taking up the whole lane. We ride on or near the white line because there are a lot of rocks and thorns that will give you a flat if you are near the curb or edge. Cycling is great cross training for hunting. I challenge any of you to a hunter that is in triathlon shape, you will not keep up with their cardio in the mountains with a pack on your backs.

Yes I drive a diesel, no I'm not a hippie. Just trying to educate those that have not seen a human crushed by an idiot in a vehicle. If you have, you would not post the things you did.

And all were saying is it's a lot easier to avoid getting hit by a car when you're not riding in lanes of traffic.

• Like 3

Guest oneshot

A bike is going to lose in every encounter with a vehicle, I could care less about how good of shape you are in. While I watch for bikes/walkers, they need to behave in a defensive manner, not as a militant gang...

Is it worth your life? Even riding close to the white line ain't smart in my opinion. When you do you are literally putting your own safety in the hands of idiots behind the wheel of vehicles. Way to many people not paying attention or on their phone. My own life, my wife, or my kids lives are just not worth it. If we want to ride a bike we go mountains or on bike trails.

Is it worth your life? Even riding close to the white line ain't smart in my opinion. When you do you are literally putting your own safety in the hands of idiots behind the wheel of vehicles. Way to many people not paying attention or on their phone. My own life, my wife, or my kids lives are just not worth it. If we want to ride a bike we go mountains or on bike trails.

When I first moved down to the valley of the scum I lived only a little more than a half mile from work, so I'd ride my mountain bike a lot. I learned real quick that bike lanes are for idealistic aholes with a death wish. I'll ride a little slower on the sidewalks with the pedestrians.

• Like 1

I used to ride road bikes and it is a great way to get in shape for hunting. I prefer to mountain bike now and get away from the guys who are commenting negatively on this thread.

Give them room and treat them with respect on the roadways.

• Like 5

When I first moved down to the valley of the scum

Not sure how I feel about this comment.

• Like 1

Anybody that hunts and prefers to work for their bread is obviously excluded from it. Anybody that lives with a sense of entitlement, thinks successful people owe their lazy butts something and/or says 'undocumented' where the word 'illegal' should be used is most certainly included in that statement. Which type do you suppose theres more of down here?

This place is a prison. Ive got 2.5 years left on my sentence before you see a flatbed full of machine tools heading north. Im counting down the days (still to long to count down minutes :( )

Anybody that hunts and prefers to work for their bread is obviously excluded from it. Anybody that lives with a sense of entitlement, thinks successful people owe their lazy butts something and/or says 'undocumented' where the word 'illegal' should be used is most certainly included in that statement. Which type do you suppose theres more of down here?

This place is a prison. Ive got 2.5 years left on my sentence before you see a flatbed full of machine tools heading north. Im counting down the days (still to long to count down minutes :( )

Dang you must be in the wrong part of the city. All my friends are hunters, co workers are hunters, kids friends love hunting camping, etc. On the other hand i have known plenty of lazy welfare recepients who live in the rural parts of the state Payson Prescott etc and claim they are somehow better than the people in the city who prefer to work for a living.

Dang you must be in the wrong part of the city. All my friends are hunters, co workers are hunters, kids friends love hunting camping, etc. On the other hand i have known plenty of lazy welfare recepients who live in the rural parts of the state Payson Prescott etc and claim they are somehow better than the people in the city who prefer to work for a living.

Yeah, I can't disagree with a word of that. I've been very fortunate and have met a lot of great people since I've been down here, more than a couple off this site. I'm having a negative moment I guess. I'm gonna go get a fresh cup of black coffee, change my wet panties, man up and quit crying. There's no time to whine when there's work to be done.

I used to see packs of these queers coming home from fishing at Bartlett, that road is narrow enough and then these guys think they're entitled to half of it