Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Rookie long range shooting mistake!!!!!

Positive note: You probably never do that again. Or at least you'll be come anal about checking your turrets more often.

I have been the victim of a 180 deg off turret and chose the wrong direction to return for a full revolution off pre zero stop days.

• Like 1

If you got the exposed turrets train to look at the scope first. Just like you train to look at you level at a long distance shot. No difference from finger trigger control and pointing your rifle in a safe direction. I don't disagree with cap turrets one bit either. Its happen to me too but not on game animals. Good lesson Adam, even Peton Manning throws interceptions ;)

• Like 1

I have two sightrons that I have made zero stops for. I use the same loads always so it wasn't that hard. I measured that gap between the turret and the scope at zero with a feeler gauge (spark plug) and using nylon washers from Ace, sanded them down and used them to fill the gap. It took a little fitting but works great.

I wish all turret scopes had caps and tried a few that do but I really like my Sightrons.

Brent

I have two sightrons that I have made zero stops for. I use the same loads always so it wasn't that hard. I measured that gap between the turret and the scope at zero with a feeler gauge (spark plug) and using nylon washers from Ace, sanded them down and used them to fill the gap. It took a little fitting but works great.

I wish all turret scopes had caps and tried a few that do but I really like my Sightrons.

Brent

Yeah the Sightron is what burned me too.

It's happened to us all. I just missed a buck on Saturday unfortunately he didn't provide another shot. Rookie mistake with the turret as well. We live and learn. Let's see that buck!

Rookie!!

I❤️Zeiss locking turrets

I was waiting to see who would be the first smart butt:)

• Like 2

Also always have a spotter to call every shot when shooting past 500yrds. That's one of the most important things to have (a good spotter) .If the animal moves 20yrds up or down or more your poi (point of impact) changes and your spotter must relay that info so you can make the proper adjustments . Also if there is a wind change(sudden increase or decrease) he can make the call and adjust) We all have made mistakes that's how we learn !!

Come on biggie where's them pictures. At least the butt shot.

He isn't posting pics till someone buys his spotter. LOL

I was hoping you guys would forget about the pics. Here you go.

post-1205-0-93454500-1481810314_thumb.png

• Like 1

Man this thread had me nervous on my buddy's ram hunt. He borrowed his neighbor's long range gun with turrets and I was the one who understood the turrets the best. No zero stop and he kept telling me he couldn't remember which way to turn it. I was 25 yds behind him when he set up for the shot and luckily he remembered and turned it the right way!

• Like 1