Sign in to follow this  
dbroderick214

Sneak boots on a budget

All ready for the upcoming otc archery deer hunt! Got tired of walking around barefoot stepping on cactus so I decided to get a little creative. Wasn't feeling the $50 on the real "sneak boots" so these will have to do. Hopefully they hold up πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜‚

#collegestudentbudget

post-15106-0-57814300-1480566757_thumb.jpeg

post-15106-0-44014200-1480566772_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Guest oneshot

I have a pair I made out of an old fleese blanket, they didn't last very long, but I can always glue a piece of carpet to the soles... or just pickup a pair that line the washes..

Those will probably work as good as any store bought ones. I've thought about getting some cheap house shoes from Wal-Mart and gluing carpet to the bottom.

• Like 1

OP, well done, have to get creative on a college budget that's for sure.

Β 

I know they cost stupid money but having the slips that go over my normal hunting boot have eliminated a lot of noise and trouble. I snuck up on a sleeping coyote the other day and put an arrow through him so I have to say the $39 didn't sting quite as bad after that.

Has anybody tried minimalist shoes?

I've always just slipped off my boots and gone in my wool socks. After yesterday I've decided I can't go that route anymore. My feet are killing me today. And of course the deer gave me the slip anyways.

These sneaky feet are custom made in Mexico with camo!!! and free!!!, just gotta find them in some of the border units.

post-12045-0-48838900-1481705159_thumb.jpg

Guest oneshot

These sneaky feet are custom made in Mexico with camo!!! and free!!!, just gotta find them in some of the border units.

Check most any wash/low spots leading north from the Border, you can find a bunch and after sanitized, have enough for all your friends...