footballica

Preditor scope for AR Platform

Hello all. I am looking to upgrade from my iron sights on my AR. I've started looking at scopes and have no idea where to start. Not sure if a general scope would work or if a AR specific scope would be better, high mag or low mag, fixed power or adjustable etc... what are your thoughts?

Normally my go to answer is Leupold for these threads. I recently shot a AR with a Burris 1-4x24 on it and was really impressed. Burris will shave a few bucks off of the Leupold I would recommend and keep it within your expected budget. Are you accustomed to Mils or MOA?

• Like 1

I have a Burris 2 x 7 x 35 with the BDC retical for sale in the classifieds for $120, its brand new, and makes an excellent scope for 0 to 300 yards.

• Like 1

post-2893-0-83638100-1480991566_thumb.jpg

Or...get the Cabelas Caliber Specific Rifle Scope. I did and I'm impress with the whole scope in general! The only thing I don't like is that right now they are cheaper than when I got mine -_- Try it, you wont regret it.

• Like 1

I have a Zeiss 3X9 scope that I put on mine and really like it. Keep it at the lower range for a majority of the shots. But it gives you just a bit more range for the coyotes that hang up.

Bobcat.jpg

Or...get the Cabelas Caliber Specific Rifle Scope. I did and I'm impress with the whole scope in general! The only thing I don't like is that right now they are cheaper than when I got mine -_- Try it, you wont regret it.

That may be the prettiest puttty tat I've ever seen.