Sign in to follow this  
coyotekeith

Vortex 15x50 Vipers or 15x56 Vulture

Both are good. Not $2500 good but for the money they work good. But there is a difference due to the fact one has a bigger objective so it gathers more light. I wish the vipers had a 56mm objective. My vultures work well for my kinda of hunting. Good luck

In case your still undecided. Get the vultures, they are way better in low light situations with 56mm objective lens. They are heavier but I only use them on a tripod, plus there's not a huge difference in quality of glass to warrant the extra money for the vipers IMO.

Get the Vultures. I have some for sale that worked great for me the last two years. It was time to make the big jump or I wouldn't be selling them.

I had the same debate recently. I went Viper HD. I used them this year during elk season and really liked them alot.

I normally carry 8x42 in a harness and the 15x were for the pack. This year a buddy needed glass so I lent him the 8s and carried the 15x.

They were great as long as you didn't do a ton of free hand glassing. Free hand with a tree or a knee to get a rest on and they were nice.

I am new to the glassing arena so don't put alot of stock in my opinion. Go to sportsman's and compare them. The vipers felt better to me.

I'm stuck in the same predicament. I have gone to look at them both and the Vipers are brighter and clearer, but not by much. I haven't been able to look through them in low light to compare. Is it that much of a difference at low light? If so, I think the slight difference but better low light performance would push me to the Vultures.

I think there is a big enough difference. Not only with light gathering ability of the 56mm but also the greater FOV. Those two factors help a lot with spotting game in low light when their most active.

Thanks for all the input.

I went with the Vultures after reading a lot of reviews about the 56 objective. I haven't had the chance to use them yet but will try to update once i do.

You will be happy with vultures for the price you cant go wrong. I love mine & have no regrets about buying them. Others will tell you that you will have to use the warranty cuz they are not swaros, but big deal if something happens the warranty will cover them. I know the glass is not the same as swaros, but these are great for the money & they were what I could afford.