Sign in to follow this  
CouesPursuit

Female Lions

Last hunted AZ in 2014 within the SW/24B.  While observing a saddle, had an encounter with four lion cubs not 25 yards from me.  As they played around, the hair on the back of my neck stood up as I had no idea where momma was.  Within 30 seconds, I look across the saddle and there stood momma, 72 yards away broadside and one, me without a tag, and two she had cubs so nothing I could do but admire the near once in a lifetime opportunity to see one of these creatures in their environment and feel good about knowing (?thinking?) she never knew I was there.  She gracefully slipped away into the tall grass never to be seen again.  Less than 30 min later, I watched four does come in and feed across the same hillside as the cat.  Nearly walked in some of the same spots without ever spooking or getting nervous.  Great morning that day.

• Like 1

I was wrong. In light of recent events, I’m now in the lions have ruined carp hunting crew. I can’t even believe how many lions I’ve got on cam. Someone please come kill them.