down2hunt

2016 Rut Activity

I've been waiting for this thread all week. I have the rifle tag in my pocket and I'm trying to decide if I should go up this weekend.

That's not a serious post is it?

If you've got a dang deer tag you shold be hunting!

Unfortunately it is. I've already been in the mountains too long this year for 7 other hunts. I'll be hunting the 25th through 31st for sure with a couple day trips before that.

Guest akaspecials

Bucks are solo in my areas. Does are herded up. Hopefully the storm rolling in will get them going a little. Still early though.

Saw a Nice mulie buck getting pretty uneasy this weekend when a small fork kept trying to get between him and a doe. He wasn't full rutting but its sure close. This was in 28 on Thursday. Also saw another nice buck fallowing a doe with a fawn all over the mountain side the same morning.

Watched a nice buck chasing two does last Sunday, 12/11in unit 22. The buck I shot Monday, 12/12 was also chasing a doe. His neck was swolen.

• Like 1

Hunted around Arivaca this weekend. Saw one decent buck with a group of 8 does. Also glassed 16 does occupying a canyon with two bucks that didn't seem to notice the does. None of the bucks looked swollen or rutty.

• Like 1

Watched a nice buck chasing two does last Sunday, 12/11in unit 22. The buck I shot Monday, 12/12 was also chasing a doe. His neck was swolen.

North or South part of the unit?

Guest akaspecials

Been out last 5 days. Seen close to 200 deer. No rutting. 3000-6000 ft. Central Arizona.

Hit and miss in 23. Hitting it hard on Monday. Passed a few 110+ them ground ponders are tough

• Like 2

Hit and miss in 23. Hitting it hard on Monday. Passed a few 110+ them ground ponders are tough

I should be there Monday also, Whitetail bucks i seen and missed are swollen and starting to get ready for the action.

• Like 1

North or South part of the unit?

South...up high.