down2hunt

2016 Rut Activity

Hey guys/gals

I just wanted to start a thread on the rut activity for this year. I'll be up north this weekend and will have a report for 17A and 17B.

Thanks,

JD - DWN2HNT

• Like 1

Saw 3 MD bucks still bachelored up this week, one was a big 4x.

Thanks, CousePursuit

Can you give the area so we have an idea where you were. We don't need exact details. :)

I saw a smaller buck 3 weeks ago with his nose buried and would not stop following her. He and another bigger buck was shadowing the herd all day. I have also started picking up bigger bucks cruising thru on my cameras this last week.

• Like 1

I saw a smaller buck 3 weeks ago with his nose buried and would not stop following her. He and another bigger buck was shadowing the herd all day. I have also started picking up bigger bucks cruising thru on my cameras this last week.

talk like this is going to get me to bury my nose in some bino's

• Like 3

Seen this buck over the weekend in a field at Cibola down here in the desert. He was with 20 does and was the only buck in the herd. Typically in the fields there tends to be several bucks in a herd like this at this time of year so this was unusual to me. Was thinking we might get lucky and have an early rut then seen the weather is going to be in the 70's with lows in the upper 40's to low 50's for the next 14 days, not really great rutting weather.

post-12597-0-95832500-1481220290_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Low-mid desert. There aren't typically does in this area, FWIW.

• Like 1

I'm checking cams again sat morning will update. Working on finding bucks for the grand kids muzzle loader hunt in 16.

• Like 1

Maybe they are millennial bucks and Gender neutral/bi. Saturday is one of two Saturdays a year I have to work, after that down to 36c to chase one very large buck.

• Like 1

I was down in 36a this past weekend helping a buddy on his wifes tag. I glassed up two small bucks butting heads right after first light.

Been out in 42 the last few days and saw large groups of does with no bucks yet. Still a few more weeks for this part of the state typically.

I'm up in Prescott. Went out this evening and saw about 10-12 does and no bucks yet