Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Not one dam elk

We hunted rifle deer in 8 this year & we saw 1 decent bull & a herd of 17 with 3 spikes.

When we were there for archery deer in august saw lots of elk everyday. They go deep

in the nasty stuff this time of year.

I helped out on a 6A muzzy hunt and I did not see a single elk. Temps were in the 60's during the day.

Nice for camping but poopy for hunting elk.

Depends on where you are and how well you know the unit in my opinion(we've been hunting the same spot for 15+ years)....not trying to put you down.

Not trying to be an a$$, but, we were on the same hunt(6A muzzy). Saw multiple bulls every day. Only had 4 days to hunt due to wife's school. Killed this bull the 3rd day. Her 3rd in 6 years.

post-12297-0-81063800-1479250090_thumb.jpg

Her 2nd bull...2014...same type of weather, just earlier in the morning..

post-12297-0-90019100-1471127314_thumb.jpg
  • Like 5

No offense taken...I loved every minute of the short time I was there to help.

The group I went to assist said that there was plenty of action all day Friday. I arrived Saturday with no elk sightings. I suggest, and often, that if elk were not in the area we should move but it was not my hunt. They liked to stay near camp.

Not the way I would have worked it but....

• Like 1

22 was really tough this year also. only saw 6 bulls and they were very far away.

I hear you wildwoody! We just got done in 22N and saw nice bulls too far away. We heard alot of shooting around us too so I guess it was the right place at the right time kind of thing. However we did see elk everyday so that was nice!

• Like 1

The first elk hunt of my life didn't go as planned.

Suffering catastrophic damage to my truck (freeze plugs popped overnight) and having to be towed to flag to get fixed up (7 day auto for the win- thanks Hoss for the reccomendation) I had about 2 and a half days to hike around. Saw

Some great sign- hiked places people would just shake their head at, and not even a glimpse. My wife has 4 points- I think we're planning round 2 next year.

I kinda like to think - if at least you were fortunate to draw a tag and where able to get out in the field and hunt - then you were way ahead of those whom didn't!

• Like 5

I kinda like to think - if at least you were fortunate to draw a tag and where able to get out in the field and hunt - then you were way ahead of those whom didn't!

He didn't draw a tag so not ahead...

Having grown up and lived in the country my whole life, I can say 8 sucks. Used to be my favorite unit, but quality has gone down.

10 is starting to head that direction now, which is too bad. Maybe we can get G&F to up the tag numbers, that seems to be their go to answer!

Ya,, there was a commissioner on the radio the other day and someone brought up to many tags, his answer was people would call and be upset because they didn't get an opportunity, he said it had nothing to do with money, I call BS

Friggin elk everywhere in 10 this weekend, couldn't get away from the dam things, lol