Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

Coues or Mule for the Rut??

What is everybody hunting this Jan during the rut, Coues, Mule or even both???

I helped out my brother this last hunt and we spotted over 80 plus mule doe's. So we are going back to watch those ladies until a big boy shows up. I had other plans but with so many doe's there is bound to be some big fella to show up.

For me it's a question of time. If I only have a day to hunt, I'll stay low and glass for mulies. If I have a couple days to work with, I'll climb in further and sit for coues deer.

Tomorrow morning I'm heading out to glass for a few hours, see if I can't find something horny.

• Like 1

Whatever I can get my wife on first. She's hoping to get her first ever deer. She tested the waters with a leftover pig tag a couple years ago on some nuisance pigs. This will be her first real hunt. Cant wait to see her first buck!

• Like 2

Guest oneshot

Coues... but I did re-fire last year on Mulies in the flats, so whatever I'm feeling that day will guide me...

Whatever I can get my wife on first. She's hoping to get her first ever deer. She tested the waters with a leftover pig tag a couple years ago on some nuisance pigs. This will be her first real hunt. Cant wait to see her first buck!

Good luck! Hope the wifey gets one