GirlzHunt2

Late hunt whitetail

Congrats. Great buck. I know things get busy this time of year, but when you find some time we would love to hear the background story that goes with the pics.

We glassed up about 20 does and no bucks till around 9am. Then this guy popped out. Watched him for about 5 minutes then he beds. Wasn't sure if I wanted to kill him but I knew my buddy did. Either way that buck wasn't gonna spend one more night on the mountain. Stalked to 360yds. Set up again and waited for him to stand. Could only see his horns over the grass. I pulled out the spotting scope and judged him real carefully. After about an hour I decided to let my buddy have him. I have the rest of the hunt off of work, so I figured I have a good chance to find something better. Especially when drawing a rut tag is near impossible. Of course my bud kept asking me if I was sure and I told him Merry Christmas . At around noon he stood up and dropped him with one shot. 270WSM. Went up the hill to go get him and see the ground shrinkage, but to our delight he was everything. Super beautiful buck and some sore butt legs, got him off the mountain. Threw a tape and he's roughly 114.7 G and 107 N.

• Like 8

Bad @$$ buck man! That buck would be hard to pass up to my buddy hahaha

What a cool looking rack. Is it weird that the older I get, the more I appreciate the oddities?

• Like 1

Love the webbing on it

• Like 1

Bad @$$ buck man! That buck would be hard to pass up to my buddy hahaha

I was a hard decision, trust me.

I'm guessing you have your sight on something special already if you passed that one up. You are truly an amazing friend Haha. Congrats to the both of you on working together on that buck, that thing is a TOAD!

• Like 1

I would love to receive that kind of Christmas present some day:)

• Like 1

I leave in two days to drive 20 hrs from Idaho down to southern az for my December coues hunt. I thought I was excited already, but your post really got my heart racing. Hope I am lucky enough to find his little brother. Nice job.

• Like 3

That is a beautiful buck! Congratulations to your friend.

I leave in two days to drive 20 hrs from Idaho down to southern az for my December coues hunt. I thought I was excited already, but your post really got my heart racing. Hope I am lucky enough to find his little brother. Nice job.

best tag to have by far...you'll have fun. Straight shootin bud.