elkhunter

Direct tv vs Cox

If you need or have questions about DIRECTV pm me.

I am not tech savvy. I cut the cord 6 months ago and went to the amazon fire stick and then the fire box. I have Netflix also and wish I would have done it sooner.

I tried Cox when I first moved here. Switched to Direct TV a little over a year ago. Both suck equally. Way too expensive for what you get. I will be "cutting the chord" as soon as my contract is up in 10 months.

If you cut the cord to stream you'll probably still need cox. Century link high speed blows. Forget about TV service. Just get high speed internet and KODI.

I don't have internet or tv at my place. I use rabbit ears and get no local channels except the CW and 5 mexican channels. My phone is my internet. I would live to have a home internet service but our only option is satellite and the reviews are horrible for Dakota pro (the only option I know)

I don't have internet or tv at my place. I use rabbit ears and get no local channels except the CW and 5 mexican channels. My phone is my internet. I would live to have a home internet service but our only option is satellite and the reviews are horrible for Dakota pro (the only option I know)

The only reason we still have Cox is for the internet and because we don't want to learn a new set of channels.

Don't know if DirectTV does this too but with Cox you now need an extra service box for every TV. Its free to begin with but jumps to an extra $3 per month per box. No more splitting the cable into rooms. lol

Personally, I live off Netflix and YouTube when watching shows lol

• Like 1

I use cox and never have issues.. You are going to need high speed internet either way so you might as well bundle package some cable and cable internet, cable internet is still one of the fastest internet connections available..

The only reason we still have Cox is for the internet and because we don't want to learn a new set of channels.

Don't know if DirectTV does this too but with Cox you now need an extra service box for every TV. Its free to begin with but jumps to an extra $3 per month per box. No more splitting the cable into rooms. lol

Personally, I live off Netflix and YouTube when watching shows lol

Same thing here.. Even if you want to stream off of a smart TV you still need the cable internet cant get that high speed internet with direct tv.

I've got the Cox hi speed cable, dropped the home phone which was bundled, cable bill only went up $5. Saving over $100 month by cutting the cord and going with the Amazon Firestick. Have friend that did the same thing, but went with the Roku and Apple TV-None of us have any regrets. This was all part of the deep-dive on home finances- cable, car insurance, homeowners insurance, health insurance etc. Used to be a time when companies went out of their way to give good pricing and good service. No longer, I will continue to shop for the good products at the best prices. Cable and Satellite TV are not good choices for me.

I've got the Cox hi speed cable, dropped the home phone which was bundled, cable bill only went up $5. Saving over $100 month by cutting the cord and going with the Amazon Firestick. Have friend that did the same thing, but went with the Roku and Apple TV-None of us have any regrets. This was all part of the deep-dive on home finances- cable, car insurance, homeowners insurance, health insurance etc. Used to be a time when companies went out of their way to give good pricing and good service. No longer, I will continue to shop for the good products at the best prices. Cable and Satellite TV are not good choices for me.

^^^^ This guy gets it...

As soon as we get a smart tv for the living room we will be dropping most of the cable and just use Amazon and Netflix to watch our movies..I seriously only watch ESPN, Discovery and history channel...

^^^^ This guy gets it...

As soon as we get a smart tv for the living room we will be dropping most of the cable and just use Amazon and Netflix to watch our movies..I seriously only watch ESPN, Discovery and history channel...

Do yourself a favor and skip the SmartTv. You will save a few bucks and have more options with an external device like Roku or Amazon Fire. My wife works in Tech and states her nerds advised her away from SmartTv due to fine print in the agreement. Always watching, always listening...

• Like 1

^^^^ This guy gets it...

Do yourself a favor and skip the SmartTv. You will save a few bucks and have more options with an external device like Roku or Amazon Fire. My wife works in Tech and states her nerds advised her away from SmartTv due to fine print in the agreement. Always watching, always listening...

Duly noted, thank you for the pro tip.