Jake J

Long Range Get Together

I'm definitely Super interested in going. I might be at home with my son so I might have to bring the three-year-old with me! He's got his own ears!

No offense taken. I hope you change your mind and continue to be a part of the site. I think you will find more people are interested in the long range shooting and hunting than you thought. Most of us kinda watch what we say so we don't give the anti hunters any more ammo.

I hope I can make the shoot, but it's on the seconomy weekend of the ham hunt so probably will still be helping friends pig hunt.

Yes Sir, Feb 18th it is! I don't have to work in February so I will have alot of time a couple days prior to get it all set up. Still may need a couple targets, but I will let ya know. Just call or text me if you are interested @ 6025263246 and I will give you directions. I don't know exactly where yet but we have it narrowed down to two spots. Both are close to Pleasant. We should all throw in $10 or so, winner take all, thatd be so fun ha. 10 targets, 600yds to 1300yds, if you hit you get a point. Take the top points at the end and if their is a tie shoot the course backwards and add em up. Anybody else on here bringing a .338 or bigger? Just curious

Sounds like it's gonna be fun.

I'm in, are we gonna have a maximum velocity cap ? Like all ammo to be under 3000 fps, anything over is DQ ? I can bring a chrono if needed.

I'll bring my 6.5 Creedmoor so nothing big here.

No velocity limits. Alot of screaming fast loads out there that have extremely high e.s. I would personally sacrifice speed for lower e.s all day, but thats just me. Don't care what your speed is, bring any rig you want.

• Like 1

any estimate on round count? Swap guns part way through? Magnum and Small bore class?

any estimate on round count? Swap guns part way through? Magnum and Small bore class?

As little as 10 rounds. More if you want to connect, but seems like 1st round hits are the only ones that count.

That was the idea Lance. But if you want to connect and we have tricky or high winds, you might want to bring extra rounds lol. As far as big or small bore classes, I don't see a need only shooting to 1300yds. Let's be honest, you can have a custom .338 with a 32" Hart barrel, LRKM style, Nightforce optics, I mean just a B.A setup. But if you don't know what the heck your doing on the reloading bench and with a ballistic program and why, Joe Smith with his 300 Win Mag with Vortex optics, pushing a 200 class SMK or what have you, with low e.s and/or sd and knowledge of a his ballistics program is going to show up and shoot circles around you at 700yds plus.

• Like 1

This is a real good idea. I can't make it this time. I am real interested in going to these in the future. I'm not going to be the best shot out there, but I'm sure I will learn things I haven't thought about. Let me know the next time one of these is organized.

This is what I know on my end. I was planning on shooting a .338 in this shoot, and I know of about about 4 others who are not on this site bringing .338's for sure. A couple other guys are on the fence, but 4 for sure. I also have a buddy bringing a 300 RUM and possibly a buddy bringing a 300 Win Mag. The only guys on this site that I know of shooting are Tac, Perkele and Lance. So if your going to shoot, post and let us know.

I plan to be shooting. I will be shooting a 300 win mag. I am bringing extra rounds...I will probably need them.