maximus

Opinions on coolers

Buy a Canyon and never look back i sold my yeti !!!!

Just take a look at the gasket that seal the coolers Canyon is far superior .

• Like 1

Super happy with my new RTIC 65. Buy two of the RTIC for the price of one Yeti. A side by side garage comparison in the heat of October and both were about equal. 1 week x 20lb bag of ice in each, both still had ~6lbs of ice leftover.

Rtic coolers are the best deal out there. Watching YouTube video comparisons the Rtics hold ice as long or longer than Yetis. Plus they are on sale right now which they rarely are.

^^^What he said^^^ 65qt coolers on sale right now for $170. Jump on it.

I have many of the coleman 5 and 7 day coolers and never had issues. Pre cool cooler and used block ice, kept in shade and didnt open much. I have a canyon cooler but havent used it hard enough yet. I like the canyon sand color as it doesnt stick out as much in back of truck.

• Like 1

Just got the Rtic 65. Can't beat $169 plus free shipping. Got it in a week.

The one problem with rtic is the 30 day warranty

Just think of it as Yeti is forcing you to pay $200 for the 5 year warranty. For those that don't care about the warranty, save yourself the $200.

• Like 1

One thing to keep in mind, just tossing this out there - they all hold ice really well when properly cooled down and kept shut. If you are filling it with beer and opening it every few minutes to fish out a cold one, even the best ones require replenishing ice (and beer) almost daily. Or so I've heard. :rolleyes: :ph34r: :D

• Like 3

One thing to keep in mind, just tossing this out there - they all hold ice really well when properly cooled down and kept shut. If you are filling it with beer and opening it every few minutes to fish out a cold one, even the best ones require replenishing ice (and beer) almost daily. Or so I've heard. :rolleyes: :ph34r: :D

Exactly why I use multiple medium coolers. Stage them.

I contacted them outside of my 30 day warranty for a physical blemish. I requested 20% back, and within 3 hours my request was fulfilled so take that 30 day warranty with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

I contacted them outside of my 30 day warranty for a physical blemish. I requested 20% back, and within 3 hours my request was fulfilled so take that 30 day warranty with a grain of salt.

Good to hear. I'm no yeti fan boy either mine was a gift. Picked up a grizzly because of significant saving over a yeti.