maximus

Opinions on coolers

The one problem with rtic is the 30 day warranty

RTIC is a 7 year warranty with terms basically identical to YETI ... not to mention the 65 is actually 65 not 61

https://rticcoolers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212937197-RTIC-Cooler-Warranty-Policy

Weird...they have conflicting information...

https://www.rticcoolers.com/warranty

The one problem with rtic is the 30 day warranty

RTIC is a 7 year warranty with terms basically identical to YETI ... not to mention the 65 is actually 65 not 61

https://rticcoolers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212937197-RTIC-Cooler-Warranty-Policy

Just spoke to a rep and it has changed to 30 days as of 10/19 .... According to rep they chose to change to keep the price down without changing design or quality.... From my experince and that of friends Still can not see paying double for warranty on a cooler ... very little to fail and of that which can the cost of repair is minimal.

I have two Igloo Marine 150 whites that keep everything I need cold for up to 10 days that I have found if I stay out of them except to get food or drinks out and keep them in the shade. The extra capacity means I can fit 10 frozen 1 gallon water bottles in the bottom, and place all my food on top. Nothing gets wet, and everything stays cool. I can fit a full deer in a single ice chest, or half an elk. And they cost $100 each at Costco. I have had them for a few years.

For $200, I can't even get a 20 qt. Yeti, a 35 qt. Canyon or a 65qt. Rtic.

• Like 3

I love my 2 canyon coolers they work great. Be sure to pre cool any of your coolers no matter which brand. I couldn't imagine spending so much money on a yeti when canyon coolers hold their ice longer. Plus Canyon has a lifetime warranty

+ 1 for Coleman and Igloo ice chests! I have one of each, and my 100 qt Coleman always does me just fine. Block ice in the bottom will keep me in cold stuff for plenty of time. Light, lots of space, and economical! ;)

S.

• Like 3

I have two Igloo Marine 150 whites that keep everything I need cold for up to 10 days that I have found if I stay out of them except to get food or drinks out and keep them in the shade. The extra capacity means I can fit 10 frozen 1 gallon water bottles in the bottom, and place all my food on top. Nothing gets wet, and everything stays cool. I can fit a full deer in a single ice chest, or half an elk. And they cost $100 each at Costco. I have had them for a few years.

For $200, I can't even get a 20 qt. Yeti, a 35 qt. Canyon or a 65qt. Rtic.

And you don't have to lock them up with a log chain. ;)

• Like 1

+ 1 for Coleman and Igloo ice chests! I have one of each, and my 100 qt Coleman always does me just fine. Block ice in the bottom will keep me in cold stuff for plenty of time. Light, lots of space, and economical! ;)

S.

I gotta say since the Coleman element coolers came out years back I have loved them and burned thru a few over like 20years. Great coolers!

I love my 2 canyon coolers they work great. Be sure to pre cool any of your coolers no matter which brand. I couldn't imagine spending so much money on a yeti when canyon coolers hold their ice longer. Plus Canyon has a lifetime warranty

Hung out with a guy who worked canyon coolers this last weekend and mentioned I just bought a couple of Rtic. A few beer later he told me that Rtics were awesome coolers and the best cooler for the price. Just my 2 cents

I received a 125 Engel as a gift. Don't know what it cost but seems to be well made. Probably weighs 40# empty. Definitely a two man operation to move it when loaded.

Hung out with a guy who worked canyon coolers this last weekend and mentioned I just bought a couple of Rtic. A few beer later he told me that Rtics were awesome coolers and the best cooler for the price. Just my 2 cents

Yeti knock offs. They couldn't even come up with their own design. They look just like yetis. You could buy a Rtic and slap a yeti sticker on it and no one would know the difference. Haha