Sign in to follow this  
trackstar

Sydnie's Mule Deer

Took my daughters over to New Mexico for the last two days of the youth mule deer hunt. Sydnie's 5 year old sister was along for every step of the hunt. She had to do a couple really long stalks but it finally paid off on day 2. Sydnie dropped her deer with one shot at 250 yards in 20 plus mph winds. I can say that I could never take her twin brother and their 4 year old brother hunting and pull off what we did. These girls were deadly quiet and stealthy. We had glassed up the buck before sunrise and headed that direction on a long, slow stalk. After closing about 800 yards we were just 250 yards out. As we moved a few yards to get a better angle on the buck, he decided to turn perfectly broadside for a shot. He never knew we were there. The coolest part was seeing these two go nuts after the shot. They both knew the deer was down and sprinted over to it.

post-14118-0-86871600-1482366413_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

Awesome congrats guys

She did awesome. Great buck! Congrats to all on a great hunt together. You can see the little one is ready for her own hunt!

Very cool story and thanks for sharing. I love hunting with my all of my kids, but there is something extra special about taking your daughters and getting to experience the hunt with them. Way to go dad! Way to make it fun for them, and the fact that she was able to shoot a great buck is just the icing on the cake. Huge congrats!!!

Can't wait to take my little girl. She already shoots the bow better than me and she is 5...

Congrats on a great hunt....