Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you Tony,please come back to the site.I appreciate your insite,and knowledge.

• Like 3

Merry Xmas all. Headed back to Erie .Pa to spend it with 96 year old Dad .Leaving at 1PM.............BOB!

• Like 1

Good to see you on here Tony. Merry Christmas to your family my friend.

Is that in Arizona??

Merry Christmas to all the good people on this great site!!!

The photo was taken in 1978 about 100 yards down from the driveway to the resort we owned at the north end of Vallecito Lake, about 20 miles northeast of Durango, Colo. I shot it early in the morning after an overnight snowfall. The mountains in the background, several of which are "14teeners," are within the Weminuche Wilderness Area. Lots a memories from there, too. I killed my first bull elk on a DIY horseback hunt there in 1965. Over three years we lived there in the 1970s, I covered many miles on horseback guiding fishermen and hunters in that spectacular part of the state.

Granite Lake -- one of the many in the Weminuche

post-82-0-63019400-1483542121_thumb.jpg

My youngest son Scott and I atop the Continental Divide at Donut Lake. 14teeners in the background. Scott is now 53 yrs. old.

post-82-0-07558900-1483542092_thumb.jpg

The local game warden climbing to the Divide while he and I were on an "unofficial" fishing trip.

post-82-0-11828800-1483542055.jpg

• Like 1

Tony,

The follow up images and captions are great. The area around Donut Lake looks very scenic/photogenic. I hope this finds you doing well.