Sign in to follow this  
amada12

36c javelina

If you've never been to 36C, there are no secret pig spots IMO.... They can/will be pretty much anywhere. Do you have binoculars and a tripod? My advice would be to just get a bit of elevation in pretty much any drainage along the mountain range and glass, glass, glass. We've seen pigs around Elkhorn and King's Anvil, but really I think just in about any major canyon.

Hopefully you have a little time to get out and scout a time or two prior to the hunt! Especially if we get more weather like the past day or so. If you can spend a day scouting right after a good rain storm and get down in and walk in some of the washes and drainages to look for sign in the fresh ground. Not a bad tactic to find a location.

Good luck to you and your son!!!!

S.

:)

Just about any east facing slope will have pigs on it at some point in the morning.

Loads and loads of pigs in C.

There are no secret spots as have been said. East facing slopes anywhere in the unit basically. Glass from flats, stalk them up and shoot....

Slopes with a mix of cactus, ocotillo, and yellow grass....

Glass them up...

+1 on the "no secret spots." i've hunted many many days/months in 36c I suggest walking the shady side of arroyos until one pops up.