Sign in to follow this  
rclouse79

Out of State Buck

I drove a long way to hunt these tricky little buggers. I wanted to shoot my personal best, but only had a chance to check this guy out through my scope while he was running away. Turns out my excitement got the best of me, but I was still happy to tag a buck and to get back home before Christmas. Since I didn't get my personal best I still have an excuse to go back down for another try. Hope you all have a merry Christmas and get lots of hunting goodies in your stockings.

post-3890-0-80770900-1482472881_thumb.jpg

post-3890-0-11279800-1482472961_thumb.jpg

post-3890-0-54069300-1482472985_thumb.jpg

post-3890-0-10892400-1482473007_thumb.jpg

post-3890-0-68323700-1482473031_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Nice - they are tough to hunt for sure, but few things are sweeter than enjoying backstrap by the fire with a great sunset to cap it off. Thanks for posting.

While reading your opening sentence my eyes wandered down to the first picture and my brain went........ whaaaaaaaaaaaaat??????????

Come on man, I didn't hunt out of state from California. I think I will stay away from horses, packing that little guy off of the mountain was quite enough for me. I do like that horse picture though and might print it out on a canvas.

I agree with coach,any coues is worth the hunt,and they eat so well.Nice buck.

Congrats on a nice buck! Personal best or not, its the experience and the memories that count the most.

• Like 1