Sign in to follow this  
have2hunt

Rifle Antelope Hunt

I don't post too often but figured this hunt was worth sharing with everyone. My dad and I were lucky enough to harvest a couple of great goats a couple weeks back.

I shot my buck opening morning at about 8 am with my buddies .264. I watched this buck the entire summer and man was I glad that all the scouting paid off. We taped him out at 83 6/8. This truly is a buck of a lifetime and I know I will really have trouble ever topping that if I ever get drawn again.

My dad shot his buck on the second morning at 8 am as well. My dads buck gave us a run for our money. The trees were really thick and man was he rutting hard, which made for about a half hour foot chase before my dad was able to get a shot. Beleive it or not, after my dad hit him the first time he started raking a little pine tree! It was unbelievable to witness such a thing. The picture of my dad's buck is probably one of my favorite big game photos because you don't see goats in the pines too often, especially in the ferns. The picture of my dad's buck doesn't do it justice, it may not be very tall but had great mass.

We had a great hunt and want to thank my buddy Chase for coming along on my hunt. Also a big thanks to my other buddy Bridger (GreyGhost85) who came along on both hunts and also let me use his new rifle. It was great to have these guys there to share in some memories that never will be forgotten.

In the group photo from left to right: Bridger, Chase, Dad, Me

post-590-1191218949.jpg

post-590-1191218968.jpg

post-590-1191218976.jpg

Awesome bucks and congrats to you and your pops! JIM>

man what a great hunt that was...probably the most fast paced and exciting two kills ive been on! huge congrats to you and big jim Bro, it was a blast!

hey Jimmy, thanks for givin' Bridger that goat meat. we already had 2 neck chili and some steaks. tell big Jim howdy for me. how'd you like that sendero? you coudn't o' done without my special bluestreak handloads. Lark.

Congratulations, those are some good looking goats. I agree that it is neat to see them in the pines.

Packer

Jim, man brotha you sure make that goat look good! nice job! good thing bridger was with you or you might have gotten lost! :D

Just want to thank you all for the kind words.

Lark: Glad to hear your enjoyin the meat. Hey givin you guys some meat is the least I could do for some long time family friends. Hopefully it also helped offset the cost of gas for Bridger drivin up to our neck of the woods. ;)

Casey: Hey I think the group photo really makes that goat look good cuz I aint the only one with an ugly mug! :lol: .......I think that ugly ole mug of yours even makes a dang javi look pretty darn good. :lol: :P ;)

Congratulations to both you and your dad! There's nothing quite as good as being able to share a hunt with family and such good friends! :)