Swamp

Hunts for Heroes - Desert Bighorn hunt

Maybe a replica to the original tag holder?!!

doesnt the original tag holder keep his points?
I wouldn't think so seeing as though he hunted almost the whole hunt. I think only through point guard you can and through that the tag has to be given back before the hunts starts. But either way congrats on a nice ram! Glad so many guys went out to help.
  • Like 1

It was a pleasure meeting you Neil. Taking part in your hunt yesterday was a true honor!! Thank you very much for your service and sacrifice!

• Like 4

Congratulations on a great Ram and thank you for sacrifice to this great country. Thank you to the Coueswhitetail family that stepped up and helped and to all those that had planned on helping. Big thanks to AES, this program is the best program in the state.

Thank you Neil for your service and sacrifice, The appreciation you've shown towards the whole experience had an impact on all of us, this ram couldn't have gone to a more deserving veteran.

Thank you Arizona elk society and Hunt for heroes, your hard work and dedication to these effort are spot on, everyone that was involved is effected in a positive manor.

And, to coueswhitail.com forum members...nothing short of amazing, Thank You...COUES Az

post-1414-0-97544300-1483042189_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I've been a member on here since 2007 and this might be one of the coolest things I've ever seen on this site.

Awesome Ram.

• Like 3

Neil, thank you for your sactifice. It was a pleasure meeting you. I'm glad I got to share a sliver of the experience with you and the rest of the crew of guys that was nothing short of amazing. Can't wait to see the final pic of that beautiful ram on your wall.

That is just awesome. What a story. Unreal job by all involved making that come together. I wish all threads on this site were this positive.

Seems like they used to be.

What an awesome job everyone coordinating time and effort on a great Ram. Truly a great story.

This post is one of the coolest things I've read in my life. Congratulations to Neil! Great looking ram. Good on all of the CWT community for getting out there on a moments notice.

Congrats to Neil again. Your a stud man. It was an honor being with you when you were able to harvest this ram. As we were getting ready for the pack out he made it clear he didn't want any body having a heavier pack than him and was trying to convince us to let him take it all! Straight beast mode! An absolute pleasure to meet you.

Thanks also to the tag holder who had the presence of mind to donate the tag, the CWT persons who got the word out and for the Arizona Elk Society and Hunts for Heroes on making this happen.

• Like 2

This is Neil's story, not mine. Very happy to be able to help pull things together. He's now on his way up to see Clay Goldman in Payson to figure out the details on a shoulder mount.

We just got back from checking Neil's ram in at the Mesa G&F branch. Pleasantly surprised at what we learned. The ram was born right there in the unit (not a transplant) and was 6-1/2 years old. Horn length 34 2/8 in. both sides. Bases 15 and 15 1/8 in. Gross score: 169 3/8, net 167 6/8. Heck of a ram for that age!

FYI, the pic of the mountain in daylight omitted a large canyon directly below our glassing position. Neil and the mountain crew had already started down off the mountain by headlamp when I took the night-time pic (Neil's shot was taken from a bit higher than where the lights appear).

The glassing pic was taken as we were cussing/discussing the 2 mature rams right before packs were shouldered for the stalk ...

Also wanted to give a shout-out to Mike Miller of Southwestern Processing in Queen Creek for graciously donating the entire meat packaging of Neil's ram --- thanks again, Mike!!! (Mike has done a great job processing wild game for years --- please consider him the next time you fill a big game tag!)

• Like 6

Congrats on a fantastic ram Neil!

REAL teamwork happening right before our eyes.

Kudos to all involved!