bonecollector777

Once in a lifetime last day buck

I still can't believe what happened today. I never in my life thought I'd see a buck like this in this area let alone get a chance to kill him with my bow. This morning after work I set out to just fill my tag with any buck as today was the last day of season. By some miracle this buck showed himself and didn't have a care in the world as I snuck into 32 yards and shot him while he was chasing does. Amazing how they completely lose their minds during the rut. After gaining my composure after the shot I waited 25 minutes to track him and he had piled up 100 yards away and hardly bled. I was able to follow his tracks in the mud to find him. I'm very thankful I got this once in a lifetime opportunity and made the most of it. A quick green score put him at 204 2/8" gross and 201 4/8" net. He could be one of the biggest typicals ever killed in AZ with a bow and assuming he doesn't shrink too much during the 60 day drying period he could be close to top 10 pope and young in all the world. Once again thankful for this awesome buck and thanks to my wife for putting up with my obsession. I'll post more pics later on.

post-8945-0-16651100-1483241505_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-64585700-1483241523_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-26124400-1483241543_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-48153300-1483241552_thumb.jpg

post-8945-0-18416300-1483241572_thumb.jpg

• Like 36

Nice buck, my bro said you passed by the station to show it off, I was trying to put 2 and 2 together!

Stud buck

• Like 1

Nice buck, my bro said you passed by the station to show it off, I was trying to put 2 and 2 together!

Stud buck

Always wondered if you were related. But thanks!
Yea I guess I claim him! What is the current p&y recored?

thatd be an awsome buck for the first day let alone the last congrats on a bomber buck, hope he realy spread those genetics around to make a few more down the road

Stud buck

Always wondered if you were related. But thanks!
Yea I guess I claim him! What is the current p&y recored?
Record is like 220 something I believe. Then a few bucks in the 210 range and 4 or 5 all within 2-3 inches down around 200-204

I take that back I was thinking SCI.