Sign in to follow this  
sneakem33

Just another December coues/ backpack thread.

Just thought I would share a few photos from my hunt. First of all my hunting partner is either the luckiest guy alive or killed the dumbest coues on the face of the planet. We jumped this buck during the first day of the hunt, he ran out to about 40 yards and just stood there... it was quite tempting to drop this buck as it'd been my first, but I let him shoot as a knew he'd likely not get a shot as good as this with his bow.

I was a little nervous about finding another good deer after seeing mostly smaller deer but managed to fill my tag the next day. Pretty buck that I couldn't pass up... I had a few people offer up some advice on where to go, I am very thankful for that... in the end I wound up hunting my own choice of spots but still am appreciative for the input...

post-14669-0-08638200-1483278199_thumb.jpg

post-14669-0-39289200-1483278596_thumb.jpg

post-14669-0-63197700-1483278620_thumb.jpg

post-14669-0-35011700-1483278639_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

I would kill that buck even though he had a very low IQ.

Congrats on two outstanding bucks!

• Like 1

That is awesome. I always joke about a turkey I shot years ago. First few minutes of opening morning of the first time I ever hunted turkey. Called him right in. I called him the dumbest turkey on the mountain.

• Like 1

My hat off to you both.

Done two solo hunts into country in Colorado that I have never seen and filled both tags. But man, to come down to Arizona and get two coues like those. Awesome.

Brent

• Like 1

Are you kidding me. I know so many people who have never killed a true 4x4 coues and you made it look easy. Both very nice bucks. Impressive.

• Like 1

The bases on the bigger buck are pretty dang cool. I love burred up bucks. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Yeah definitely a very cool bonus as I walked up on him. There are at least 8 burrs/points that aren't scorable but are 1/2". PS...Watched a few of your videos too, several times, got me all jacked up with coues fever..lol

Thanks for the congrats from everyone, I was pretty excited to tag a solid buck for my first....

Wow those are a couple of great bucks, huge congratulations! Love that split g-3 on your buck!

• Like 1