elkaholic

EXCESSIVE celebration

fireworks started at 7 didn't really stop till after midnight - rarely a break for 10 minutes

Crap everywhere up and down streets sidewalks roof tops

my pool roof yard full of debris

I try to be a good neighbor but last night was enough!

I kindly left a signed note to please move this type of activity someplace else

it's been on going in the past but not this much

am I a party pooper ?

I'm happy for the New Year too Lots of good things to look forward too - but to wake up and have to clean up someone else's celebration wasn't in my plans

especially the pool - plastics cardboard - colored blobs from the fireworks etc.

curbside pics this am
basically less than 75 yrds away in cult-a-sac--- one house away

+++ added +++ some may think ooooowww aaaaah fireworks but having windows shake and sonic loud booms for hrs isn't my idea of fun

post-3096-0-51782600-1483298211_thumb.jpg

post-3096-0-87667100-1483298568_thumb.jpg

Same in my neighborhood. Started before sunset and went on until 4am. It was a "bit" over done.

Sorry if you live close to me. We only blew stuff up for about an hour 10-11. Most of the trash is still in my yard and the vacant lot next door.

post-5622-0-57065300-1483302803_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I had alot of the good stuff! But i also have a push broom and a bucket of water and a trash bag. Light it off and dump it in the bucket and put it in the trash. My street was clean and this was all before 9:30.

• Like 3

Yeah, people need to clean it all up when they are done. I was back on Long Island last year for the 4th and went with my nephew and his wife to a bash at a friend house. They had the street blocked off and about 100 people there and probably blew up $50K worth of firework over a couple of hours. All done by 11PM and then six guys with leaf blowers cleaned it all up and loaded up two dumpsters.

Clean as a whistle.

I don't mind the noise(I confess I am often making the noise) but I can't STAND when people don't clean up their mess.

It's a character issue and not a holiday issue with those that behave that way.