GTIMANiac

Rare sight to start 2017

The girlfriend and I decided to escape the normal NYE and decided to run El Camino Del Diablo (West to East this time) camping in the Tinajas Altas range last night then finishing up the trail this today. I was eager to see this footage so I was hasty in pulling it off the dashcam. I will follow up with better footage and editing. 10-12 Sonoran Pronghorn. Considering there are only 150~ left in the U.S., pretty rare and much more awe inspiring in person than on dashcam.

http://www.defenders.org/sonoran-pronghorn/basic-facts

• Like 3

Very cool to see. Don't tell G&F they'll want to study them and then there'll be 149

• Like 2

That last post is total nonsense. I can tell you if left to the Feds they would all be dead. Region 4 personnel brought them back from 21 animals to where they are now. They are involved and have been involved since listing genius.

• Like 6

That last post is total nonsense. I can tell you if left to the Feds they would all be dead. Region 4 personnel brought them back from 21 animals to where they are now. They are involved and have been involved since listing genius.

Yup. Here's a nice video of the work involved to help the herd.

• Like 3

That's coo I had no idea there were any there. I felt fortunate to see a heard out off of Three Links about 10 years a go.

• Like 1

If you really care about these animals, join this team: http://www.azantelope.org/. Even if you can't physically help with their projects, the few bucks it costs to join will help continue the good work done by the Foundation.

But, Obama and his eco terriosts want to make the area a momument so G&F and others would not be able to help the animals. :angry:

That's coo I had no idea there were any there. I felt fortunate to see a heard out off of Three Links about 10 years a go.

Those are not Sonoran goats. These are. Different subspecies.

I would imagine the ones off Three Links outside Willcox were in fact Sonoran, but I do not know for sure.

I would imagine the ones off Three Links outside Willcox were in fact Sonoran, but I do not know for sure.

Um, no. AZGFD does not have a public hunting draw for endangered species.