Owens Armory

Come test your skills

Middle of fishing season for me, looks like alot of fun though. Seems to be a alot guys on here who shoot these Owen rigs, anybody bringing one to our little shoot out by Pleasant?

• Like 1

What kind of competetion is this? The website doesn't give much info. How many shots, What distances, Are range finders allowed, Etc....?????

• Like 1

This is a 2 day 200 round practical long range shooting rifle match various positional shots from rooftops ,barricades trees, prone etc targets from 300-1500 yards most targets being in the 400-1000 range. There will be a big prize table with a ton of huge name sponsors and some of the best shooters in the country competing. A calIber restriction of .30 and 3150fps.

What is the entry fee? Limited number of shooters?

My dad is a subscriber to that Long Range Magazine that the Davidsons have out.(Best information I've ever read on wind doping has been from that magazine). They seem to have write ups on shoots similar to this, and the knowledge at these events seems to be amazing.

I have been shooting prs matches since the first year and have traveled all over the country competing for 5 years now. I enjoy the sport and it all started out to be a better shot for hunting and I got hooked lol. But if any one just wants to be better in the feild you need to try a few of these matches you will be amazed how much better shooter you will become. We can all shoot off our bellys but when your in Mexico shooting off the side of a hill half standing half kneeling on a tripod you will be prepared to make those 500+ yard difficult shots and feel confident doing so

been keeping an eye out on Battle Royale to see there was some info on the course of fire.

Didnt really want to sign up if we had to sprint 250 yards then shoot 1000 yards.

any info is appreciated. We shoot alot of long range. All info on the match is greatly appreciated

ps.....

We have the same sickness.

Shooting at distance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and photographing Big Bull Elk

John Hiller

IMG_6115.jpg

been keeping an eye out on Battle Royale to see there was some info on the course of fire.

Didnt really want to sign up if we had to sprint 250 yards then shoot 1000 yards.

any info is appreciated. We shoot alot of long range. All info on the match is greatly appreciated

ps.....

We have the same sickness.

Shooting at distance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and photographing Big Bull Elk

John Hiller

IMG_6115.jpg

The match won't be extremely physical and running around but will consist of moving and shooting different positions and won't be strictly a belly match...

Awesome photo I love catching wild life photos when I get time I got a cannon 7d mk11 and 400mm cannon lens what are you running...