Chevota

Rangefinder found

i felt REALLY sorry for myself for years when i lost a leica 1200 in colorado on an antelope hunt. seems like i am definitely not the only one it has happened to. i ranged the buck, set the rangefinder down and shot him. i moved about 20 yards downhill before i remembered i left it behind. circled for hours looking for it and never found it and in the meantime the buck disappeared after laying there for probably 10-15 minutes. didn't want to take a follow up shot because i couldn't remember the yardage and didn't want to spook him. lost a big antelope and a rangefinder all at the same time. bad day.

• Like 3

I would poke fun at you guys for loosing so many rangefinders but....I lost my release in 36b last Saturday lol

• Like 1

i felt REALLY sorry for myself for years when i lost a leica 1200 in colorado on an antelope hunt. seems like i am definitely not the only one it has happened to. i ranged the buck, set the rangefinder down and shot him. i moved about 20 yards downhill before i remembered i left it behind. circled for hours looking for it and never found it and in the meantime the buck disappeared after laying there for probably 10-15 minutes. didn't want to take a follow up shot because i couldn't remember the yardage and didn't want to spook him. lost a big antelope and a rangefinder all at the same time. bad day.

If you would have used a .270, the distance wouldn't have mattered!

Funny thing is, I WAS using a .270.

Well that sure took the steam out of that joke.

• Like 3

i think instead of shed hunting I'm gonna go out and look for rangefinders, probably have better luck

Sounds like there are a few out there
  • Like 1

Well that sure took the steam out of that joke.
That is what you call bad luck!

You can buy a new range finder but once your short term memory is gone, it's gone forever. :lol:

• Like 2

You can buy a new range finder but once your short term memory is gone, it's gone forever. :lol:

I blame it on the dozen or so concussions i've had. I'm only 31 and my short term memory is shot. Hate to think what it might be like in another 10-20 years

• Like 1