Sign in to follow this  
maximus

Input on a truck

I have a 2007 Toyota FJ cruiser lifted that i'm thinking on selling and right now i'm looking at a Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn, any opinions on those? are they reliable? good trucks?

thank you for opinions.

It's a good truck.

Why the switch up? I'll tell you the FJ is alot better at 4x4.

• Like 1

i had a 2016 ram exactly like you are describing for my work truck for a few months. really liked the truck and i was in the new diesel market. it swayed me into buying a new dodge 2500. lots of power and i was getting over 20mpg on the highway. never did take it off road though.

You're going to get a lot of opinions on this one. I will never own a Dodge. My father in law ran a few 15 & 2500's before switching to Fords and my wife's uncle has 4 dodge 2500's for work. (granted a work truck gets a lot of mileage) However, they ALWAYS seem to have more issues than the Fords and GM's.

I know there are a lot of guys who love Dodge and have good experiences but I wont buy one. The Cummings is the only redeeming feature in my opinion. GM for me.

You buy a Dodge because you want the Cummins motor. You don't buy a dodge if you are not getting the Cummins motor. Just my 2 cents. I currently have a Dodge, and my last truck was a Dodge. My next truck will be a Dodge. I would never buy a dodge with a gas motor on purpose. Chevy has the best gas motors. Ford has the best interiors, and good gas motors. Ford had the worst diesels between 2002-2015ish whenever the new Ford diesel came out. Chevy diesels have certain years that are great, other not so much. Dodges are the best with the '07 and prior 5.9L cummins.

• Like 1

Older Dodge automatics sucked too. Newer ones are better from what I understand. Again, I own a Dodge, therefore it has a Cummins and a manual transmission. My last truck was the same, and my next truck will be the same. Stick Shift & Cummins Motor. All day, everyday.

Older Dodge automatics sucked too. Newer ones are better from what I understand. Again, I own a Dodge, therefore it has a Cummins and a manual transmission. My last truck was the same, and my next truck will be the same. Stick Shift & Cummins Motor. All day, everyday.

Same here,but im getting tired of shifting.

• Like 1

I have a 2007 Toyota FJ cruiser lifted that i'm thinking on selling and right now i'm looking at a Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn, any opinions on those? are they reliable? good trucks?

thank you for opinions.

My brother just got one last year and really likes it, but he is a die hard Dodge guy. I rented one last year for a week and it was fine, tons of power. The only really thing that was odd was the shifter is just a round dial on the dash.

I almost bought a mid 2000s diesel Dodge recently for my hunting truck. I decided that I really didn't need a diesel engine so went with a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500. Like someone said Chevy's have the best gas engines, especially the late 90s mid 2000 generation of Chevy pickups. If you need a diesel, you won't be disappointed with a Dodge, but for gas engines I would go GM.

I have a 2013 that I hate. It always gets stuck in the economy mode when the cylinders shut down, the mirrors have burn marks from the defroster, the trim around the Windows is warped, the gauge cluster and screen go dark and reset while driving, factory struts blew out at 20k highway miles, can't keep exhaust leaks under control, can't haul anything in the bed longer then a few feet, my wife's TRD does better in 2wd then I can do in 4 low, and I have had several recall notices for electrical issues. I have had every configuration of truck between personal vehicles and company vehicles. This one rates with my first year 6.0 powerstroke. When I'm done with this POS I'm going back to a 12 valve with a real transmission. My wife used to have an FJ and I would never trade that in favor of a newer dodge.

Have you looked at the Chevy Colorado with the Duramax Deisel....in particular the ZR2 that will be out in about 2 months? The I4 Duramax has been clocking about 30 mpg. It will have a factory lift, selectable lockers front and rear, wider track width and some other nice features. I am not a Chevy guy, but this truck will have me seriously reconsidering that. I currently drive a Dodge Power Wagon as my weekend vehicle and really like it.

• Like 1

Have you looked at the Chevy Colorado with the Duramax Deisel....in particular the ZR2 that will be out in about 2 months? The I4 Duramax has been clocking about 30 mpg. It will have a factory lift, selectable lockers front and rear, wider track width and some other nice features. I am not a Chevy guy, but this truck will have me seriously reconsidering that. I currently drive a Dodge Power Wagon as my weekend vehicle and really like it.

gm/duramax diesels are the best! They are Isuzu diesel engines but no one can argue with the statistic reliability.