Sign in to follow this  
smerky

Son's 1st X 3

When they are born, you can't wait to take them out hunting. It starts with Rabbits, then Squirels, then Quail & Dove. On to bigger game such as Coyotes and then their 1st permit.

It's finally here. A big game hunt. How did it get here so quick? How is it going by even faster?

Enjoy them while you can !!!!!

Here's where it starts.

This is Frankie with his 1st Coues from the December hunt of last year.

100_2115.jpg

This is his first Javelina (Archery) from January of this year.

IMG_0671_0003.jpg

And this is the most recent. His first Elk.

100_2336.jpg

Dang! What a successful start to a lifetime of adventure out in the hills. Those are all really nice animals he took! The coues is especially nice. Congratulations to your boy!

Way to go Frankie. What a great job. I can't wait for my boys to be of age . When i see the photos and stories like this it makes it even better. thanks for letting us share the hunts through your photos. What a smile. :P

Thanks everyone for your positive replys.

He's a good kid and is way farther ahead than I was at his age (11). But he's earned everyone of his results. He's right there glassing, climbing, and learning about the game he's persuing. (And practicing his shooting.)

Here's the clip of him shooting his Elk. Not the best angle, or even one I'd of taken, but one of the benefits of youth is not having any doubts. He said to me afterwords, "Dad, I knew where I had to put it". And he did!!

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/sme...rent=MOV063.flv

I would say that was a great shot for the angle. An elk down is all that counts in this game, He saw the shot and stuck it like a pro, You have taught him well it looks like,

OK, i know this dude and his stud of a son and i have to tell ya that Frank has done an excellent job of being a great Dad--a couple of Frankie's tags were his Dad's and because Frankie was doing so well in school Frank transfered his tags over to Frankie--that is how he has gotten a couple of his tags and i have to tell ya it will pay dividends, and has already.

Good job to both of you!!!

Is Frankie for hire? :o What a great start to hunting. I'm sure someone has had a hand in prepping this fine young man. Great video as well. Congratulation and good luck on your future hunts. Keep up the good work. :D

TJ