Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Stolen gun recovered

I had a gun stolen and the cops found it at a pawn shop. I had to pay the pawn to get it out. About 5 years later I got a check from the Florence Prison where the thief was incarcerated. He had worked in the prison to pay off his restitution.

Why the heck did you have to pay the pawn shop? That is their risk of doing business. It just doesn't seem right.

I had a jime .380 stolen from my vechile - was recovered and returned but has never shot the same - they most likely used highvelocity hollow points - barrel is basically shot out .

they are just cheap guns but nothin I can do - not anxious to really test it out

Had a guy sell me a Remington Titanium from two states away wouldn't ship it always had excuses, one day I made a 3 hour drive to his shop and found out he was out of business and the neighbors said he was in a lot of trouble with the law.....he's lucky he wasn't there at the shop because I was prepared to do some damage to his person.

Or maybe in the long run I was lucky or I'd be chatting through bars.

• Like 1

I recently had a handgun stolen from my vehicle. I provided local police with the serial number and etc. I guess all a guy can do is hope that information is put into a database that is accessible by LE nationwide?

Glad you got it back!! Had a roommate in college over in Thatcher who thought itd be a good idea to steal my .270 from under my bed while i was at work. I get a call from one of my best friends telling me i should probably come home ASAP, so i got someone to cover me, ran home and my gun was in his hands, my roommate i guess had given it to my friend to hold for him (said his grandpa gave him that .22 when he went home for the weekend). Called the cops, waited for the cops to get there, then proceeded to wait for the roommate to get home. Look on his face was priceless when he walked in the door, like he knew the jig was up. We had the gun laying on my lap as he walked in and the cops asked him to identify the gun... Said it was a lever action .22 (clearly it was a bolt action .270). Cop takes the gun off my lap, takes one look at it, and hands it back to me rolling his eyes. Roommate now has 2 felonies on his record from that case and theres a restraining order between us.

Such a great feeling to get a gun back, honestly i was expecting my gun to be in "evidence" for forever!! Gun has great sentimental value as it was built by my brother in gunsmithing class at Yavapai College. High School Graduation present. :)

I recently had a handgun stolen from my vehicle. I provided local police with the serial number and etc. I guess all a guy can do is hope that information is put into a database that is accessible by LE nationwide?

Looks like PHX PD did their job. My handgun was pawned a few days ago, however the guy who pawned it claimed he bought it in a private sale. Cops know the story is BS but can't do anything about it.

Unfortunately I have to go to a hearing between myself and the pawn shop to see who gets the pistol. Apparently if I show up it is no contest, but if I do not, the pawn shop gets it.

• Like 1

Looks like PHX PD did their job. My handgun was pawned a few days ago, however the guy who pawned it claimed he bought it in a private sale. Cops know the story is BS but can't do anything about it.

Unfortunately I have to go to a hearing between myself and the pawn shop to see who gets the pistol. Apparently if I show up it is no contest, but if I do not, the pawn shop gets it.

Of course it's BS, why would a guy buy a gun and then pawn it a few days later?

15 years ago a friend and I were drinking to much and he was driving.. Ya young and dumb.. he got arrested for dui and was told his expensive handgun was stolen. Got out the next day with no gun charge on record and couldn't object to it because of it compounding his dui charge. The police officer stole his gun and knew what he was doing.

I had a friend's truck get stolen and recovered. The truck had a gun under the seat when he picked it up that was not there before the theft. The police didn't want it back. :blink:

I had a friend's truck get stolen and recovered. The truck had a gun under the seat when he picked it up that was not there before the theft. The police didn't want it back. :blink:

that makes absolutely no sense at all, and thats why i believe it!

• Like 1

My best friends brother stole a carpet stretcher and other tools out the back of my truck. I felt bad calling the cops on my buddy's DB brother. But this dude knows the laws better then any of us do. He knows exactly the bullsh$&& to say to avoid getting in more trouble. It's pretty sad when criminals have more rights than us law abiding citizens.