codyhuntsaz

I think I F'd up big time

I buy my license online every year & have it dated for January 1st & never have issues with license not being valid for any of the draws!!

So here is a secret no one really knows, the draw doesn't look at your license #.

Last year I did my mom's app and didn't know her license #, so I just put mine in. No problem, worked just fine.

Until the cycle there is another check/balance in place and it throws you out of the draw. They may not now, but there's no reason they can't track statistics on % of valid licenses and duplicates, lost money makes change.

Not saying your wrong, but I wouldn't trust it.

Trust it, the lady at azgfd in Mesa told me the same thing. Last year I made up a number for my dad's app and he was drawn for bull last year

• Like 1

So I just left the Mesa office and the guy there told me if I buy a hunting license through them or online before mine expires I will be fine. Then I called the office on carefree and the lady there told me the same thing. Then I got to thinking I remember you used to be able to check a box on the application that said if I am drawn send me a hunting license. That means you didn't even have a valid hunting license when you applied, but you still got your bonus point.

Yes but it used to say if I'm NOT drawn still send me a hunting license. They changed it while back requiring u to have a valid license to apply. That way they make more$. Especially fromm all the non res that apply.

So here is a secret no one really knows, the draw doesn't look at your license #.

Last year I did my mom's app and didn't know her license #, so I just put mine in. No problem, worked just fine.

Until the cycle there is another check/balance in place and it throws you out of the draw. They may not now, but there's no reason they can't track statistics on % of valid licenses and duplicates, lost money makes change.

Not saying your wrong, but I wouldn't trust it.

Trust it, the lady at azgfd in Mesa told me the same thing. Last year I made up a number for my dad's app and he was drawn for bull last year
You're brave
  • Like 1

Your license has to be valid on the deadline draw date, it doesn't matter that it was valid when you applied. if not you risk being kicked out of draw and if you have been applying for 5 yrs u lose your loyalty point. As long as u buy a license before the deadline you are fine. The system will see it and u can use that license to hunt in the fall. U don't have to buy another again this fall. So if u bought a license today it's good for 365 days from today. But your license that expires 1-22-17 will get u kicked outta the draw

Your license has to be valid on the deadline draw date, it doesn't matter that it was valid when you applied. if not you risk being kicked out of draw and if you have been applying for 5 yrs u lose your loyalty point. As long as u buy a license before the deadline you are fine. The system will see it and u can use that license to hunt in the fall. U don't have to buy another again this fall. So if u bought a license today it's good for 365 days from today. But your license that expires 1-22-17 will get u kicked outta the draw

I bought a new license just to be safe and had it start on 1-23-17

But your license that expires 1-22-17 will get u kicked outta the draw

Nope

Get a lifetime license, problem solved, never expires.

I did that also, problem solved. If I remember correctly the fees for the lifetime licences are held in an investment account, the principal is never spent, only whatever is gained is used. It becomes a long term funding source that does not get used up.

Wow, if this is true, a lot of people, especially non-residents, could save themselves hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars by using a fake license number until drawn.