reece_mess16

Best Rifle Season (nov 25 to dec 4) units?

Give 36B some consideration and just camp by another group. Pick any mountains south of arivaca, hike high, glass and you're in deer. Easy to draw and lots if deer.

• Like 1

There were 13 rifle hunts in 2016 during the period you've stated you can hunt. My answer assumes you're applying as an out of state resident and have zero bonus points. Based on last year, the odds for this scenario were 100% for 32, 35A, 36A, and 36B. From there, the odds get tougher. So it just depends on what the priorities are. 33 is at 34% draw odds for you. Good luck, pm me if you have any other questions!

I just became a resident. Family moved to Fort Mohave so my residency followed. I love AZ!!! I'm considering the 36s but still like 34B. Thoughts Packer?

Give 36B some consideration and just camp by another group. Pick any mountains south of arivaca, hike high, glass and you're in deer. Easy to draw and lots if deer.

Where do I start from?

Congratulations on the move! If I were in your shoes I would prioritize my draw choices by where I want to hunt more. Sounds generic, but the 36's and 34B are all possible to draw. There's some time between now and the draw, i would allocate a few days to do some exploring and figure out which unit appeals to you and go from there.

36b is literally crawling with hunters. Super over hunted and not many mature deer. Spikes, forks and the "he's not the biggest but he'll be tasty" bucks are killed on sight.

• Like 1

Wow....another hunter in fort Mohave. Never thought I'd see the day. Not many in this area. I've shot a bunch of coues if you ever want to stop by and chat. Be happy to go over things with you.

• Like 2

In my opinion it would be worth the aggravation to hunt Ft. Huachuca in 35a. We call it the zoo.

I'm calling over there tomorrow to get the scoop on it. After looking into it seems like it ain't that hard hit and it seems to be an easy draw. Thanks!

Never hunted it but if you hunted there you could camp at Patagonia lake and fish for flatheads at night!

if military, you should go on the base (no brainer). if you prefer to not hunt the base than go north of I10 or find a group to camp with. better to be safe than sorry.