Sign in to follow this  
Elk Reaper

Maven and Sig Sauer Binoculars?

I spent a good half hour looking through the Maven 15x56 at their headquarters in Lander. The glass seems pretty good but the eye pieces suck so bad that I did not enjoy looking through them. They are bulky and did not fit my face at all, which doesn't really sound like a big deal but they were just weird to me and hard to get settled into like you do with a high end binocular. The 45mm series is built differently and I liked those, though I didn't have anything to do a side by side comparison. I think their bread and butter will be appealing to those guys who like the customization aspect of their product.

I spent a good half hour looking through the Maven 15x56 at their headquarters in Lander. The glass seems pretty good but the eye pieces suck so bad that I did not enjoy looking through them. They are bulky and did not fit my face at all, which doesn't really sound like a big deal but they were just weird to me and hard to get settled into like you do with a high end binocular. The 45mm series is built differently and I liked those, though I didn't have anything to do a side by side comparison. I think their bread and butter will be appealing to those guys who like the customization aspect of their product.

Yup eye cups are really bulky on the 56's. They are not comparable to Swarovski. Swaro is king.

Yup eye cups are really bulky on the 56's. They are not comparable to Swarovski. Swaro is king.

If you did it over , would you spend the $1500on them again, or get Swaros?