Sign in to follow this  
300RUM

Ambidextrous?

I was sitting here bored yesterday and thought about a custom .260 I had looked at in the classifieds. How nice it would have been if the bolt were on the right side, no I mean the left side. OK, I will stop right there! If you read “the right rifle ???” you have witnessed firsthand what a train wreck following that thought can turn into in the English language. What can I say? I was bored. I expected there would be a few creative responses. Lance, where did you come up with yours? One, from W250, was actually rather interesting and right on target. “You're right except for the left part.” I am partially right handed and partially left handed. I would not consider myself completely ambidextrous. I will do some things either left or right but most are done one way or the other. I write right handed but my writing has left hand tendencies. I carry a pistol right handed but aim with my left eye. I shoot bows and rifles left handed. When I used to shoot pool or play softball I could switch from left to right and be effective either way. This list goes on and on. I apparently got a little cross wired when I was built. I’m just curious if anyone else has things they do right of left handed that deviate from their normal right or left handed orientation.

I'm right handed but have to shoot left. Always have, ever since they found a problem with my right eye in kindergarten during the eye and vision tests. I inherited a few rifles from my dad that are right handed. The rifles I buy, must be left handed. I now have 8 with two on the way. I always held a pistol in my right hand until recently, I found I shoot them better in my left hand. Maybe it has to do with form. Pistols now have to be ambi for me to buy. Bows always have been left handed.

It really bothers me because all of the best rifles are right hand.

I have a friend who writes and shoots lefty but throws righty. I've known a few others the opposite. My kid has learned to shoot lefty due to eye dominance but can also shoot righty very well with something covering left eye.

I too am right handed but shoot a rifle and pistol left, I am left eye dominant but I shoot my bow right. I have always shot right handed rifles and if I ever tried a left handed one I don't think I would like it

I too am right handed but shoot a rifle and pistol left, I am left eye dominant but I shoot my bow right. I have always shot right handed rifles and if I ever tried a left handed one I don't think I would like it

If I read that correctly you shoot a rifle left but a bow right? that would be real unusual. We may have been on the assembly line around the same time. Do you think they ever issued a recall?

I am left handed and do everything left handed except golf. Had a friend with right handed clubs that I borrowed when I first started back in high school. Now if I swing a club left handed it feels like a girl swinging. But I putt left handed. Usually take strangers about 2 holes to say something.

Im RHed but shoot everything LHed. I think you should shoot to your dominate eye side. I have tried to shoot RH and it is ridiculously stupid

Im RHed but shoot everything LHed. I think you should shoot to your dominate eye side. I have tried to shoot RH and it is ridiculously stupid

If you don't aim with your dominant eye It will most likely cause problems. I am left eye dominant but for some reason feel the need to carry a pistol right handed. I used to shoot 3 gun and occasionally someone would try and coach me on my pistol stance. I would tell them "OK, aim with your left eye and show me how it is done". Kind of fun to watch them fumble around with that one.

Throw, bat and shoot bows right handed. Shoot left handed. Left eye dominant. Don't have a left bolt rifle though.

Left side of my body is worthless.

Could knock Chuck Liddell out in his hayday with my right hand, cant kill a fly with my left hand.

Right eye is 20/20 or better, left is 20/100 at best. (Took a baseball to the eye as a kid)

I am right handed and shoot everything with my right eye but a pistol I use my left eye maybe I will give a riffle a shot with my left eye someday

I am left eye dominant. I shoot all rifles left handed but do nothing else left handed. I can barely feed myself when I try to eat with my left hand :)

• Like 1