Sign in to follow this  
Tres

OnX hunt maps or Garmin Huntview??

I'm looking to buy a SD card for my Garmin Astro, I can't decide if I should go with the OnX SD card or the Garmin Huntview. Any suggestions from you guys would help me out. I like that I can get land ownership info from the OnX but I like the satellite imagery that Huntview has. I can always use my phone for the imagery. There is a $20 price difference between the 2.

I have been using OnX for over 6 years and really like it. I do the download rather than a chip and run it on my computer as well as the GPS. Having the software on the computer is handy when you are at home planning a hunt. I am not sure if you can do that with a chip. I have no experience with Garmin huntview.

You get a microSD card so you can use the chip (microSD) on your home computer. Works great. I have the western four state onXmap. I have used AZ, NM, and CO. I don't have the property ownership but that would be handy. You would probably have to update yearly though.

Thumbs up got onXmaps

You get a microSD card so you can use the chip (microSD) on your home computer. Works great. I have the western four state onXmap. I have used AZ, NM, and CO. I don't have the property ownership but that would be handy. You would probably have to update yearly though.

Thumbs up got onXmaps

So you just pull the microSD chip out of the GPS, put it in A SD adapter, Plug it into the computer and the software works on the computer?

• Like 1

Yes. Just open basecamp and select it out of your maps selection

Thanks, that is good to know. People ask me about it when they are interested in the program. I have only used the download so I have not been able to answer that question.

Thanks guys most Everyone I've talked to has and likes the OnX maps however I have been told that the Garmin Huntview has better Topos. The ownership info sure would be great.

I use Garmin Huntview and love it. Excellent topos, and like you said, land ownership info is great to have. Plus Garmin is a sponsor of this site, so it's great to support them.

• Like 1

I ended up getting the Garmin Huntview maps and love it so far.

• Like 1