lancetkenyon

Feeler For Interest Online Shooting Tournament

I used to do an online honor system shooting tournament 4 times a year with another shooting site. Theyou would send out a target in the mail, you would go shoot before a deadline and mail it back in to be scored.

It was a 100 yards, 10 shot w. 1 bonus shot of you wanted to take a chance. Scoring was called out on each of the individual small targets, with bonuses available on a few targets.

Target size ranged from 1" sized circles, to 1/4" sized circles. Some of the bigger cares had a very small target inside them for a ×2 score. One target was a 3 shot group.

Something similar to this.

45056_zpsukldhnho.jpeg

Any interest in doing something like this? We could do a 100 yards shoot, then maybe a 200 yard shoot.

If I get some interest, I will make a target to mail out.

I would have you post up on a thread, with say 25-40 participants, post rifle and ammo specs, etc. Then PM me an address where to send the targets. Again, would be on an honor system for fun.

• Like 5

I'm not in, but we should be able to place bets. My money is on Lance, any takers?

Yes please. If possible I would like 3 targets. I'm going to make my old man and his best friend shoot as well.

That's a great idea! I'm definately in and I know my dad would enjoy this as well.

• Like 1

Crap I need to hurry up with my load development!! Im almost done but its been a few weeks since I been out!

So what about something like this? Very similar, but some risk/reward opportunities.

This is scaled for an 8.5" x 11" standard paper size.

9-10 shots. 1 @ each target, a 3 shot group, and 1 confidence shot at whatever you feel like, if you dare. But....if you miss your confidence shot, you lose both shot's points. Hit the star and add 10 points where available. Touching the ring counts as a hit.

For multiple ring targets, you get the points for the furthest out ring you hit. Stay inside the next ring, get the higher points. On the offset rings, if you hit at 10:00-11:00 on the target, you get the lowest points. Get it?

3 Shot Group would be 100 points, minus group size x 100. IE a .500" 3 shot group would net you 50 points. A .250" group would net you 75 points. Plus if you hit the star, an additional 10 points. Over a 1" group gets 0 points. No penalties for groups over 1".

I see a total available points=305. The red star on the bottom ring target can only be shot at once, no confidence shot at it.

No Lead sleds, vices, etc. Triclawps, etc. Must be shot from prone, seated, offhand or bench, with front and rear supports OK. Bipod & bag, two bags, ruck, freehand, etc. No micro adjustable devices. No rear rifle mounted monopod.

I don't care if you shoot a .223 or a .338 LM. I will better define rules on a new sign up thread in a few.

What questions do you have? Let's get them addressed here.

CWT%20Target_zpsadqwv9vs.jpg

To me it looks straight forward but I don't know. Can't wait looKS fun. Full customs battling stock guns hahaha my kinda contest. Now will we need to film this or have a witness