87lc

Arizona Bill Would Ban Mountain Lion, Bobcat Hunting

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/71277-sb-1182-ban-of-lion-and-bobcat-hunting/page-2?do=findComment&comment=707795

It's been touched on here, but I am totally okay with her getting posted again because I'm sure a very small percentage of hunters and "conservationists" have actually made their voice heard.

Yes this needs more visibility from our hunting community. Another political push from animal right activists that have no clue how wildlife is managed by AZGF. As the article mentions please sent notes to our senators and lets be heard!!!

This goofball Senator wants the public to vote on his bill. Who in their right mind thinks the general public should manage wildlife? That's like asking for medical advice on a public forum.

• Like 2

That senator knows taking the issue to voters ended mountain lion hunting in California, and a similar ballot measure would end it here. He and his supporters are convinced that wildlife requires total protection, and they cannot be convinced otherwise. Their bias against hunting cannot be changed with facts.

Bill Quimby

• Like 2

Tucson has a Farley trolley. Wasted millions and counting. Normally farley sends up many of his stupid bills every year and the legislature ignores them. We can only hope that term limits him soon.

This topic needs to be of an issue for everyone on coueswhitetail! Besides sharing our side of this proposed ban with everyone we know, what should we be doing to help fight this?

• Like 1

This topic needs to be of an issue for everyone on coueswhitetail! Besides sharing our side of this proposed ban with everyone we know, what should we be doing to help fight this?

Push for a Constitutional amendment to remove the initiative process. Pure democracy trades the tyranny of the one for the tyranny of the majority and is exactly what our founding fathers worked their asses off to prevent. Once an initiative becomes law in Arizona, the only way to get rid of it is through the courts. An act of the legislature cannot override it.

Push for a Constitutional amendment to remove the initiative process. Pure democracy trades the tyranny of the one for the tyranny of the majority and is exactly what our founding fathers worked their asses off to prevent. Once an initiative becomes law in Arizona, the only way to get rid of it is through the courts. An act of the legislature cannot override it.

We tried that. It failed miserably. But I agree. We dont live in a democracy (mob rule). We live in a republic.

Why couldnt we show up in numbers to protest their meetings and hand out flyers with facts supporting our side.

Stop the signatures before it goes to a vote because because a vote could possibly be the end of lion hunting.

post-4673-0-68780200-1507258441_thumb.png

• Like 1

I think a big thing to remember here is that there is no way to win and argument with the anti-hunters. It isn't even a conversation worth having. Many of them are just as dedicated to stopping hunting as we are to protecting it. The only audience we should be interested in is the majority middle and the undecided. Being respectful about the topic of mountain lion hunting, and focusing on the existing laws and regulations should keep people voting with some sanity. Most people don't know that game and fish set any rules for hunting and that the population is monitored by several methods including mandatory check-in of every lion harvested. Lions are not endangered, and are increasing in population with the current laws protecting them. It is also a fantastic game meat. Banning game and fish from managing this population is ilogical, expensive, and huge risk to delicate populations of bighorn sheep that have been extirpated from their native range due to the presence of humans and introduction domestic sheep. I spend most of my time with a very left leaning crowd of people, most of them have a net-negative view of hunting. But explaining how the game and fish biologists monitor population, instead of rallying against this proposed legislation, has helped me to show several people how silly a yes vote on this topic is.im really glad I logged in here and saw so many people here already talking about this. I guess I am a late comer to the conversation.

• Like 3

There is additional discussion in the forum called "Political Discussions Related To Hunting". I found it under the Coues Whitetail Community.

Good stuff.

DECLINE TO SIGN!!!!!!