PatrickJr

Revolver Javelina- tribute to Mom

After last January, I decided that in 2017 I was going to kill a pig with a handgun. The handgun I selected to practice with was a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt that was originally owned by my mother but when she passed away, it was handed down to me. My mom shot her one and only big game animal with this Revolver, a record book javelina. I practiced, mostly on jackrabbits, and felt confident on a pig out to 35 yards. I stalked many pigs throughout the past few months in mexico and AZ, so i knew i could get close enough.

Opening day came (friday the 27th), and I was in class by 7am, Out of class by 11am, dropped off the rental and picked up my truck from the body shop after I was rear-ended last month. Picked up my buddy Reyes, and met buddies Steven, Gavin and Angel out there.

Steven found the pigs around 3:30 or so and I went after. Got into the herd, had some oppurtunities that I didnt like so i kept working in. This pig gave me a good quartering to shot and i took it at 18 yards. Almost wish I missed because my hunt was over after only a few hours and the hunt itself is two weekends. I should have been more picky and waited for a larger pig, but oh well. It was fun and to have all my buddies with me made it more special than it already was. If i can find a picture of my mom with her Javelina she killed with this gun, then ill post it too.

post-12189-0-05625400-1485798409_thumb.jpg

post-12189-0-80220700-1485798465_thumb.jpg

My moms pig she killed with the same gun

post-12189-0-38422600-1485815258_thumb.png

• Like 16

Awesome tribute to your mother. Congrats on your javelina!

• Like 1

Awesome tribute to your Mom! Congrats on making it happen.

• Like 1

Those first day kills are always bittersweet. Congrats on your pig with mama's gun. Im sure shes smiling down on you.

• Like 1

A great tribute to your mother. You are a class act my friend. Congratulations! So very proud to call you a friend.

:) TJ

• Like 1

WOW, that's a great tribute to your mom! Great job!!!!

• Like 1