Sign in to follow this  
IHunt2live

North Dakota Pheasant....

I finally get to take my first out of state hunting trip for Pheasant in North Dakota in about a week!!!! I've tried to make a trip the past few years and wasn't able to pull it off with school and all but this semester I think is going to work and I am PUMPED.

I spent the first 6 years of my life in North Dakota and have never been back. I don't remember it much and never hunted up there but friends of the family, who used to live up there when we did and come quail hunting down here often, take a trip back each year to chase pheasant. I quail hunting budy of mine goes with them each year and I'll be driving, about 24 hours, up with him.

I hope this desert boy and my two thinned haired pointers wont get to cooled. :( :P

It's a blast! Have fun. I went last year and it was awesome! (South Dakota) Can't go this year due to conflicts in my schedule.

Here is one days limit, 8 guys, 3 birds/each

limit11-10.jpg

Hey man good luck I was just up in Hettinger North Dakota last weekend and saw roosters everywhere. That is in the sw corner of the state right on the South Dalota border.Josh

Nice Looking birds there- PT Nymphs- a Fly tyers dream....

AzP&Y

Just got back from North Dakota last week (deer hunting) and man, there is alot of pheasant, grouse, and geese....Geesh!!!

I sat in a treestand and was amazed at the thousands of geese flying over.

Oh yeah, and I can say I saw about 300 deer in 6 days of hunting. Just to give you an idea of the number of deer, you can buy all of the doe tags you want. I bought 4 doe tags and 1 buck tag, and got 1 buck and 3 does.

have fun on yer hunt,

post-567-1192341823.jpg

post-567-1192339960.jpg