Sign in to follow this  
NOTAGS

LOOKING FOR LAB PUPS

I've owned labs for 25 years now, I must be a glutton for punishment. The first two years they are the most destructive beasts to walk the earth, from drip systems to shoes to furniture and books. Even the wiring underneath my camp trailer. Nothing is safe. The purchase price is the cheap part of owning them. My youngster turns two next month, and I am HOPING he calms down. I have to feed him special food due to a "sensitive" digestive system, and give him daily meds for canine seizures .In spite of that, I cant see myself wanting any other kind of dog at this point. Go figure.

• Like 1

Mine ate the control wiring on my ac units, but never really much other than that. She's retarded in other ways...

• Like 1

I had a chocolate when I was a kid. Totally retarded when he was at home and had no place to run. Put him in the open field and he was a great dog.

My lab is the best dog I've ever had in the family. Only negative is she incredibly shy around strangers. We tried socializing her and taking her out when she was a pup, but just never warmed up to people she doesn't know. That having been said, she's an incredible family dog and great with our little kids. Shes turning 7 this year so we'll be shopping for another pup in the next few months so she can start training her successor.

Dang good breed.

post-1431-0-17014400-1486923037_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Coues Pursuit, my first lab kept me in fire wood by bring me pieces of my neighbors wood pile at the rate of about a log a day all year long. Funny as heck, the neighbor on the other side of the wood pile owners had his girl friend and they were back and forth several times a day. Once I threw them on my wood pile, he didn't touch them. I don't know if the owners of the wood ever realized they didn't burn that much wood through out the year.

Mattys281, Im with you on getting a pup while you have an older dog. The pup actually seems to keep the older one young for a longer time, as well as teaching them , both good and bad habits usually though. Hope you find a winner, my daughter seems to be loving hers.

• Like 1

My lab has bad allergies and takes Apoquel, I think that's how you spell it. But I call it the miracle drug. May want to check it out

REDDOG