Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Looking to team up

Flatlander, out of curiosity what do you gain putting in with another applicant?

I believe at 11 pts if he puts in with someone at 12 pts the average will be rounded up. So basically he goes in with 12 pts instead of 11 and it doesn't negatively affect the other applicant.
  • Like 2

So my dad and I built most of our points together and we had always applied for elk on the same app. Recently though my dad gave up bow hunting and spends May-Oct in Montana. I can't blame him, they live on a hillside with bugling bulls all around them for the whole month of September and he just doesn't see the point of leaving that to come down to AZ and have to live in a camp for the same experience. I get it. However this left me with out a draw/elk hunting companion. Lots of people have volunteered to help with scouting and during the hunt, for which I am grateful and plan to include any and all who want to participate. But I thought it might be easy enough to find someone else who was planning to hunt and share the burden of scouting and share some camp responsibilities with during the hunt. I put a lot of work into a hunt like this and was hoping to share it with someone else who also had a vested interest in putting the work in.

And then there is the points. I am terrified of point creep this year and would love to bump up into a class where i didn't think I would have to worry about it.

• Like 6

Welp, I am in solo. Should have high odds for the hunts I applied for. If I get lucky I may make a season long docuthread on the whole thing. We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

Welp, I am in solo. Should have high odds for the hunts I applied for. If I get lucky I may make a season long docuthread on the whole thing. We'll see what happens.

Good luck on your draw. :)

TJ

Wish I had more points because, well, I might actually draw an early archery bull tag and if Lv2Hnt vouches for you, you must be a good guy to share an elk camp with. Best of luck in the draw!

Flatlander ,I have 1 point, Does that work For You?..............BOB!

Flatlander ,I have 1 point, Does that work For You?..............BOB!

Hopefully you and I are in the same boat next year!

• Like 1

what unit did you end up applying for?

Apparently you haven't seen my other thread. And no it's never too late to team up.

19 days till credit card charges