Sign in to follow this  
Bird Dog

YOU - Huntress Success

I wanted to thank the volunteers of the YOU (Youth Outdoors Unlimited) Javalina camp. My daughter and her friend Addie decided to put in together for a Javalina permit. Neither girl had ever harvested a Javalina a were excited to begin the journey together. The first weekend they participated in the YOU hunters camp and met a couple volunteers (Wayne and Kevin) whom assisted with locating Javalina. Unfortunately, we did not have any opportunities to harvest a pig opening weekend but the girls had a great time and quickly asked if we could come back for the second weekend.

On the second weekend we were blessed with great warm weather and the pigs did not disappoint. The first location, Wayne, Jessica and I located pigs. We were able to get both girls set up in time for a coyote to spoke the pigs into cover forcing us to wait for a good shot opportunity. We decided that the first good opportunity should be taken due to the presentation we were being given. Addie was the lucky huntress whom had a good shot. With a good 200 yrd shot Addie had harvested her first big game animal and Javalina. Way to go Addie! Unfortunately, the javalina spooked to quickly for Jessica to get a quality opportunity. Way to go Addie!

The next day, we were back at it. Kevin, Jessica and I checked multiple areas finding every type of animal except for pigs. Jessica was hanging in tough and hunted all day long. Minutes before we were to hang up the last day and last hour we located pigs tucked down deep in a protected draw. We quickly moved to a difficult downhill 155 yrd location. Jessica selected a very black pig and after some readjustment she was able to make a solid hit with a good follow up to anchor her first Javalina. A moment of silence and she was ready to see her first pig!

These girls were awesome camp mates and the best part was how much fun we had even with out the pigs! I am very proud of these ladies and their efforts. Thank you Wayne, Kevin and Nate whom were willing to join us both weekends.

post-2255-0-51427800-1486787540.png

post-2255-0-10488300-1486787872_thumb.jpg

post-2255-0-21593100-1486787887_thumb.jpg

• Like 22

Congratulations all around. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

That's just too cool! Congrats to both young ladies. Love seeing those kids get out & get it done! :)