Sign in to follow this  
creed

torn rotator cuff

I would be cautious to see if there are any other options to try before surgery. There is a book written by John Kirsch, called "Shoulder Pain, The Solution & Prevention". He was a former orthopedic surgeon who stopped performing surgeries because he would found that having patients hang from a bar helped reshaped the bones surrounding the rotator cuff so that it is no longer impinged. I've used it and had great results in reducing shoulder pain and increasing mobility.

I would be cautious to see if there are any other options to try before surgery. There is a book written by John Kirsch, called "Shoulder Pain, The Solution & Prevention". He was a former orthopedic surgeon who stopped performing surgeries because he would found that having patients hang from a bar helped reshaped the bones surrounding the rotator cuff so that it is no longer impinged. I've used it and had great results in reducing shoulder pain and increasing mobility.

Really?

There is a guy on youtube that does a great job of explaining rotator cuff injuries and strengthening exercises. His methods have probably done more for me than all other things combined. Form is everything when rehabbing.

I tore the labrum all the way off of my right shoulder and a year later fell on a boat ramp and tore the labrum off of the left shoulder. It is one of the more painful recoveries but it works great and I am strong with both sides now. Have to do the PT or you can build up scar tissue and need another surgery. Good luck and get a comfy chair because you will sleep in a chair for a week or so.

• Like 1

I had torn Labrum ,Rotator Cuff and Biceps tendon all done at once By a hack In N. Dakota 3 years ago. still isn't right . Left shoulder and I am left handed. Just the little pains that nag ya . and don't have full motion or strength back............BOB

Just thought of this. You might want to look into rolfing. It's similar to deep tissue massage but they work on and stretch the (fascia) connective tissue, tendons etc. and take unwanted pressure of the joints. I know a guy down my way that does it and lots of people swear by it rather than massage.

After my shoulder surgery...my doc sent me to rehab...well it wasn't going well and the pain and lack of movement remained. Then another doctor recomended that I start swimming. So I went to the ymca and got a membership and swam every morning for the next couple months. The pain immediately went away and I regained almost 100% of movement in my shoulder.

Got the results of an MRI back and talked to my doctor. My shoulder joint is pretty much bone on bone, torn bicep is hanging on by a thread, labrum is frayed, full thickness tear of the supraspinatus and infraspinatus, and a moderately severe case of osteoarthritis.

Guess I will start looking into some of these doctors you guys mentioned. And since I will likely be unable to pull a bow back I will probably draw elk tags in AZ/NM and an archery antelope tag somewhere. I wasn't going to buy point guard but might be glad I did before it is over.