Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Hunting Blinds

I know there have been a few threads on this, but i want to recheck the current community thinking around hunting blinds. My son (11 yo) drew a turkey tag in April. I don't envision him being able to sit very still for long periods of time so my plan going in (subject to change) is to find water they're hitting and sit in a blind with him.

I hear great things about the Double Bull ground blinds but $400 is kind of steep. If it's the "deal" then i'm fine buying one but looking to get input on other alternatives that are durable, quiet, shoot through netting, utility for archery and rifle hunting (pretty much anything). If i could buy two blinds for the price of a Double Bull that would be cool.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've had my DB blind over 15 years so can't comments on newer models. If you plan on using one for years, I would get the best you can afford.

I've got a Primos Darkhorse that I like. Not sure where you're located, but you can use it if you don't want to buy a new one. I got a good deal on it and its just taking up space in my garage not killing anything. Silently waiting for August.

• Like 2

Don't sit water during a spring turkey hunt. Track down some sheer camo fabric. It weights nothing you can draip it over him and he can Fidgett away and the birds are none the wiser. Besides I think he'll surprise you with how still he can be when your on a vocal tom.

I enjoyed building a ground blind using whatever's around. Maybe your kid would enjoy building one with you? Just a thought. And it's free :)

Another lightweight option is the blind material you can get from walmart or wherever. It's like 12' x 4' or something like that. Stick some arrows in the ground and drape it around your sitting area for a little mini blind.