Gunsmith/Tikka

Looking for a gunsmith in Arizona so I don't have to worry about shipping a rifle. I live in the valley. I have a Tikka T3 Superlite and would like to get a muzzle break installed. I have never needed a gunsmith so I would welcome recommendations for a good gunsmith.

Thanks,

Jim

Where are you located?

That makes a big difference in recommendation.

Axisworks did mine. I am very happy with it. They are in tempe.

Phoenix Custom Rifles. They can turn and blend a lot of brakes into the barrel. If you ever shoot prone, I would suggest a brake with no bottom ports.

Here is an APA Micro Bastard turned down to a Bartlein #3 contour.

DSC_0121_zpsscl2admw.jpg

A member of CW (speedygoss)Eric Goss has a fantastic gunsmith shop. He builds Amazing guns. Text me and I will get you his number.

Adam

928 595 1554

• Like 1

Feel free to give me a call or swing on over to the new shop with it.

We can discuss allot of options for you. We not only install brakes but we are also manufactureing them now for a few of the big names out there. We also offer Cerakoteing in house as well.

AxisWorks:

819 W. 22nd Street, Suite 108

Tempe, AZ 85282

www.axisworksaz.com

574-248-0929

Eric--

• Like 4

Weapons works used to be at 19th and glendale, but I think they have closed. Leadtime there usually sucked. They did some work for me way back and it was good.

Weapons works used to be at 19th and glendale, but I think they have closed. Leadtime there usually sucked. They did some work for me way back and it was good.

Yes it did take some time.

Feel free to give me a call or swing on over to the new shop with it.

We can discuss allot of options for you. We not only install brakes but we are also manufactureing them now for a few of the big names out there. We also offer Cerakoteing in house as well.

AxisWorks:

819 W. 22nd Street, Suite 108

Tempe, AZ 85282

www.axisworksaz.com

574-248-0929

Eric--

PM sent.

Thanks everyone for getting back to me. The weather cleared up late this afternoon so I decided to go out and start breaking it in. Returned home, grilled some brats and found some great information, thank you. Lancetkenyon, the micro bastard was one of the breaks I was thinking about since this will only be used as a backpack rifle. It looked like you sent me a pm but if you did it did not go through. Jim

I had Phoenix Custom Rifles put a Badger Thruster brake on my Tikka superlite in 7mag. They did a great job and it made a huge difference in the recoil.

Can't go wrong with an APA Micro Bastard brake. My sub-10# 7RM pushes a 180 Berger @ 3000fps, not a normally light recoiling rifle or round. Yet my 14 year old daughter can easily shoot it comfortably with the brake on it.

I also have two of the Badger Thruster brakes on other rifles, although with heavier contours. My 15+# 6.5 SLR (similar to a .260 Rem) recoils about the same as my .223. You can watch your own impacts at 100 yards.

040_zpsvl6d2o8e.jpg

The other is on a 14# .300RUM. My 14 year old daughter can shoot a stiffly loaded 215 Hybrid at 3100fps with ease.

20151009_124415_zpstctyv1e3.jpg

If you went out to Usury Pass to shoot you were about 100 yards from Accuracy Speaks. That is the gun smith there at the range. They have done both of my muzzle breaks and you would never know it wasn't part of the rifle.

I just headed up 87 to shoot clean shoot clean. I have not even put the scope on it yet. Everyone's work looks great I will make some calls tomorrow thanks for all the help and photos.